GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

I have created a Trike Group on Delphi if anyone is interested, because you just can't have enough trike talk!

If you are interested in joining up, feel free to do so, membership is free. The link is http://forums.delphiforums.com/TheTrikeGroup

I just fired it up tonight, so you stand a great chance at being member number 2. :lol:

That is if you can handle being called number 2!

Thanks guys!
Keith

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Why would you want to start another trike board? Isn't this one doing it's job for you? Every question I have ever needed to have answered was done so on this board. I see you have posted less then 150 posts on this board. So, what have you had problems with on this board, or do you have a Harley trike? Good Luck, but you get me to start posting on another trike board!!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BlueWing said:
Why would you want to start another trike board? Isn't this one doing it's job for you? Every question I have ever needed to have answered was done so on this board. I see you have posted less then 150 posts on this board. So, what have you had problems with on this board, or do you have a Harley trike? Good Luck, but you get me to start posting on another trike board!!!
Obviously you are not going to post on another board. Thats cool, but calm down, and take your meds before you go off on me.

No I do not own a Harley, which I do not quite understand how that relates to your argument. (I am asking self why I am debating this guy!) As well, making assumptions that I have had problems on this board is equally intellegent.

I grew up with the Sabre Group site on Delphi. We were a close knit group of riders who spanned the globe, and did a lot more than just talk about our rides, we did a annual group ride each year, sold and traded our parts, and built a community that was very close and fun, it was very unique and very close knit. I thought maybe some folks may enjoy this alternative site, versus a REPLACEMENT site!

Here is how this works.....if you don't have an interest, dont join. But do not begin a tirade of psycho babble that accuses me of not enjoying this board. I happen to be a member of 5 current motorcycle message boards, a moderator on 2 of them. So using your thought process, I should just pick one and ignore the rest? HUH?

Thanks for making me less intellegent.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Oh my, oh my! That's a lot of rancor there. Whew! Good luck with the new board. I really like this one, except for the last heated comment. Come on, accusing somebody of ridng a Hollie Davis, how cold. Remember "Friends don't let friends push Hollies". Just kidding, lighten up. :shock:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree, I love this place, plan to stay, have no intentions on leaving, and never thought that others would be so critical of other boards. But having some more time to think about his response, here are some other qualifying reasons as to why I am attempting to start a new Trike board.

1. We will be open to trikes of all makes, brands, models, and variations. Whether it be a wing, or a VW, all are welcome.

2. Local sub groups. One of the things I hope to develop with this new site is a focus on local groups of riders. During my tenure on the Sabre Group site, I met and rode with many local Sabre riders throught the Sabre Site.

3. Charity runs and event sponsorship. My board will have an emphasis on charity events, rides, and good works.

4. A "group" focus, with group patches, shirts, rides, events and fun.

With the board a primary trike focus, I hope our energy is devoted to those who trike first, and do other stuff second!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Trykster said:
Folks,

I have created a Trike Group on Delphi if anyone is interested, because you just can't have enough trike talk!

If you are interested in joining up, feel free to do so, membership is free. The link is http://forums.delphiforums.com/TheTrikeGroup

I just fired it up tonight, so you stand a great chance at being member number 2. :lol:

Thanks guys!
Keith
Did you notice the existing trike forum on Delphi already?
http://forums.delphiforums.com/3snocrowd/start

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Trike Group

05Wing said:
I just joined, but plan on staying around here also.
05 Ditto, and thanks for joining. I hope you visit often. It will be a slow growth, but hopefully a steady one. It took the Sabre Group about 2 years to gain traction, and in 5 years they had over 5000 members.

I plan to be here often as well, and I still visit the other boards that I frequent....the sabre group (which I am still a moderator on), the GWRRA board, this board, the motorcycle tourers forum on Delphi to name a few.

I have found that by visiting all the boards, I get the best of all worlds.

See you on the boards 05!

Keith

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
markh74 said:
Trykster said:
Folks,

Thanks guys!
Keith
Did you notice the existing trike forum on Delphi already?
http://forums.delphiforums.com/3snocrowd/start
Mike,

Yes I am familiar with Trike Talk. The difference with our board is that we are forming a Trike Group, a club, and organization with similar interests and values. We plan on developing club logos, and shirts, etc. over time. And yes, I fully understand the difference between logo's and affilations/colors. I am a former LEO, and spent quite a bit of time working undercover ops.

I have been around the block in that regard, and have a good grasp on what is safe versus unsafe, if you know what I mean.

Thanks,
Keith

1 - 9 of 9 Posts