GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Wow, amazing, I live about 6 miles away from Burlington. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Maker bots! Yes!

One of the cooler things they can do is make copies if themself's.

On my list of gizmos for the lab.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Saw this in Jay Leno's "Garage" !

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Just showed this to my Dean, maybe we can get a couple!!!

DanL

·
Registered
661 Posts
Scan a Hottie a day? :joke:

Don ;)

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Neat stuff. Rapid prototyping takes on a new time dimension.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Not really "new" but still very neat. FDM printers have been used in full-functional prototyping for nearly 15 years.

·
Registered
20,014 Posts
I just started working in the engineering department for a large consumer electronics company last week. They have 3 rapid prototyping machines. I was able to watch a chassis being made yesterday. It was astounding. I think only one of them will scan. The rest take data from a CAD program to build the prototype.

I don't think the ones we have are nearly the resolution of the 3D printers in the video. They are probably much older. But it enables you to build near production prototypes. You can tell when you a holding a prototype and not a molded piece. They are a little rough, and look like they were filed to get their shape.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
It will fit quite nicely in my hands. :)

·
Registered
544 Posts
OK, so it can "print" an adjustable wrench. The real test is can it "print" crush washers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts