GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I took off the 195/65 Vanco and installed a 205/60 Michelin Primacy MXV4. The Vanco had 26,000 miles on it at 33PSI with 20,000 of those pulling an Trailmaster Aspen Classic tent trailer. I measured the tread depth at 4/32's in the left groove, 3/32's in the center groove and 5/32's in the right groove. Sure, I could have put another two or three thousand miles on it but I had the Michelin sitting in the shop, I had to install it.

Installation was straightforward using my HF tire stand, a Mojo lever and a ratchet strap. I balanced the tire with a Marc Parnes balancer and used the lay-over technique to remove/install the tire on the bike. It wanted to fight a little going in so I deflated it and nudged with my knee and it slid right in. No soap or anything on the inner fender. Total time including scrubbing the wheel clean was a little more than a hour. Could have done it faster but I'm in no hurry.

I inflated it to 33PSI as a starting point. Give me a week or so to get some miles on it and I'll give a report.

This is what the Vanco looks likes after removing it.
MM

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: I hope your new tire serves you as well as your old one did!:congrats:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts