GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going for a 3000 ride the first of August from Yuma up thru St George to Yellowstone then across to Sturgis then south and right at Denver thru Grand Junction then south thru Flagstaff and home. I think we will hit the RAIN and need to get some (new) rain gear and need your help please. We don't have alot of money left so looking for something inexpensive.

Thanks,

·
Registered
827 Posts
We are going for a 3000 ride the first of August from Yuma up thru St George to Yellowstone then across to Sturgis then south and right at Denver thru Grand Junction then south thru Flagstaff and home. I think we will hit the RAIN and need to get some (new) rain gear and need your help please. We don't have alot of money left so looking for something inexpensive.

Thanks,
Not to take away from anyone that's going to let you know about some name brands, I'm sure they may be better, but for our money, Mary and I went to Walmart and got them there. We came back from Tennessee in May and it started raining in Sioux Falls SD and we needed to get home, rode all the way in rain and strong crosswinds and the suits kept us dry all the way to Winnipeg aboit 8 hours of riding.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Not to take away from anyone that's going to let you know about some name brands, I'm sure they may be better, but for our money, Mary and I went to Walmart and got them there. We came back from Tennessee in May and it started raining in Sioux Falls SD and we needed to get home, rode all the way in rain and strong crosswinds and the suits kept us dry all the way to Winnipeg aboit 8 hours of riding.

Sorry, wife to the rescue, we bought them at Costco

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Rain Gear

I bought some Frog Toggs Roady bibs and they are heavier than the "regular" stuff. I bought them at Bass Pro for $60. Combined with a rain jacket they do not let water run down you back.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Mine came from Cabellas. Bottom is bibs and coat has a hood. Both are so lightweight that they fold up into their own pocket and the hood can be worn under a helmet. I've had them for 7 years now and they still good as new.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok here is what I found on Frogg Toggs' site for motorcycles’

List of Frogg Toggs on there web site:

Frogg Toggs Road Toads Motorcycle Rainwear

Frogg Toggs Women's Sweet T Road Toads
Frogg Toggs Leep Froggs Motorcycle Rain Gear
Frogg Toggs Elite Highway Rain Suit
HornyToads Rain Suit by Frogg Toggs
HighwayToadz Raingear by Frogg Toggs

and

Ok here is what I found on Dick’s sporting Goods wed site
frogg toggs Bull Frogg Signature Rain Pants
frogg toggs Bull Frogg Signature Rain Jacket
frogg toggs Road Toad Rain Jacket
frogg toggs Women's The Classic50 Pro Action Rain Jacket
frogg toggs Pro Action Rain Jacket
frogg toggs Women's Toadz ToadRage Rain Jacket
frogg toggs Toad Rage Rain Jacket
frogg toggs DriDucks Ultra-Lite Rain Suit
frogg toggs All Sport Rain and Wind Suit
frogg toggs Toad Rage Rain Jacket
frogg toggs All Sport Rain and Wind Jacket

So now I am very confused as I would like to buy Frogg Toggs but would like to get them at Dicks.
What ones should I be looking at by name?

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
On your list from Dick's SG.... I have the "Pro Action" jacket in hi-vis and black pants. So far no complaints.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
My wife, daughter and I bought Fieldsheer blems at a rally for $15 each. They have kept me high and dry. You don't have to spend a fortune but HD has some nice suits.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The best two words in rain gear are:

San Diego.

Damn, I love living here!!!!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Recommend you PM Cgent, on this board, and get his phone #. Give him a call and ask all the questions you have. He is very knowledgeable and easy to work with.

Ride Safe,
Jeff

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Look for a store

Ok, so I called FT and asked them for any stores in my area and then called the stores. The ones I talked to don't have any FT that I would want for riding and just one or two sizes and kinds in the store at any time. How and where can the wife and go to try on some MC Frogg toggs so we know the fit is right? as that is what we need to do at this point. Just looking for a good store here in the South West area please.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
My wife and I did buy our Frogg Toggs on-line, but for the purpose of confirming sizes first we tried some on at Cabelas. If you are interested in taking a nice bike ride, there is a Cabelas located in Glendale AZ. I've also seen that Walmart sells them, and while you may not find the specific model you want to buy there, you could still try some other model on for size info.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Summer time riding with LDComfort under your riding suit negates the need for rain gear, in fact you'll look forward to rides through the rain and getting a chuckle watching other rider struggle with putting on their rain gear. Ain't much of anything funnier to watch than a biker in full "Village People" costume hopping up and down on one foot struggling with his rain pants as traffic whizzes by and the Thunder Bumper is on top of him.

Re-think your riding gear, there are better ways.

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
I took wifey to Bass Pro shop last weekend to update our raingear for the Wing DING. We tried most of the rain gear on they had on display, They even let her walk out into the high pressure spayers out side to test them.. Frogg togs :agree: I splurged and got the pants with the bib front and suspenders for more overlap since I ride in much worse weather than I would ever put wife through.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts