GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Yeah, but I'd have to ride a white one...and that ain't happening.

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
That's not entirely true. The one that's in that video that's been posted a thousand times over the last few years wasn't white, was it?

Nope: Found it.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I've seen the video as well. My comment was in regards to WKD's link. Think Honda would honor warranty work for one of those?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
John Rossington said:
I'm no engineer, but when the weight of the tow"ee" exceeds the weight of the tow"er" 3 to 1.....bad idea!
we have seen this thing a bunch of times on this site. Everytime I look at it I wonder how the hell you tow anything down a hill of any size? What happens on a downhill, do you crawl along like riding on glass? Not me sorry.

John, I have heard of Bucyrus........why am I craving Bratwurst after reading your post?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
John Rossington said:
I'm no engineer, but when the weight of the tow"ee" exceeds the weight of the tow"er" 3 to 1.....bad idea!
Semi trucks do it all the time.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Speaking of Bucyrus...is the downtown building still there with the mural painted on the side? Heck, who hasn't heard of Bucyrus, Ohio? (By the way, when is the Bratwurst Festival anyway?)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
the tow dolly has trailer brakes,

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes, the downtown building has an amazing mural on it painted by Eric Grohe. The more you stand and look at it, the more details you find that you previously missed. The Bratwurst Festival - the visitors seem to enjoy it- most locals don't. They call it the " Eatingest Festival in Ohio". Bucyrus is like most small towns with industries leaving and few new businesses coming in. Hate to see it happening to "home". If you open the website below it will open to one of the Grohe murals in town called "Liberty Remembers".
Makes sense the dolly would have brakes :oops: , sure wouldn't try it otherwise! My towing experience is fairly limited, but I have had the sphincter puckering experience of a tight turn with a heavier vehicle trying to shove the towing vehicle - wonder what it would be like with a rig like that?
The 2007 Bratwurst Festival officially kicks off at noon on August 16th, and closes when the last beer garden kicks people out on the 18th.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Jhon, i was born in marion and my dad's side of the family are from the marion and bucyrus area. I haven't been there in years though. The family moved to greenville area.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
MotorcycleBoy said:
John Rossington said:
Semi trucks do it all the time.
Yes, but don't they handle this problem with a tranny designed to shoulder the weight etc........

1 - 14 of 14 Posts