GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have her snuggly Strapped down to her Pallet and stuffed in the back of the Trailer to head to Key West tomorrow.
Still waiting on them Damn engineers to finish building crap so I can load the last Box and head Home. For me, I'm fifty Miles closer to Key West at home than I am at work. So for me to go home tonight and have to drive in here tomorrow and pick up the load and Head out, would kill two hours just to get back where I started. :shock:
You'd think a guy that gets Paid By the hour wouldn't mind this.
Problem is One of them hours I dont' get paid for , cause I'm just going to work.
So I got some time to sit here and Cause trouble Like Yellow Wolf. :D

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hope that alternator holds up for ya!!

Now go have some fun....:eek:
You would have to bring that up huh HAHAHA
one more thing on the worry list.
Maybe Yellow Wolf will run over me with his big rig on the way home and it will all be over.
Where is the Wolf man anyways?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Pm sent butt hole! Be careful! Have fun.:twisted:

·
Registered
310 Posts
A cold wave is coming to Florida so pack some warm stuff. Might not get all the way down to the Keys, but Florida will get a big shot of the Canadian air. I've got a buddy flying down on Friday to Tampa and then driving down to the keys to fish. If you see a guy that looks to be a real duffis, that will be him, he's easy to spot. He looks like the guy that they interview about the UFO seen in the sky over the trailer court.

·
Grumpy Fart
5,109 Posts
What't this pallet c rap stuff? Can't you ride it?

Have fun on the trip. Me and the honey are trailering to St Louis or there abouts on the 1st of Feb and taking the wing to NO along the coast to KWest. Back up along the Atlantic. Hope it warms a tad. Anything over 40 is fine with me. Suppose to be -25 tonight.

Ride safe my friend.,

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What't this pallet c rap stuff? Can't you ride it?
Riding it would Be Awsome
Who do you know that will pay me to ride??????
I built the Pallet so I could wag my Bike along with me when I had a Job related trip, so I didn't have to drive around in a rental Cage.

I talked to travel and asked what they were paying Mileage wise for my ride back to Texas.
A Mere .55 cents a mile :shock:
Hmmmm 1500 miles , at .55 a mile. 35 MPG, GPS
I think I'm coming out pretty sweet on this deal
WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO
i hope i don't freeze my tookus off

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
In Jacksonville FL here - will be in Daytona in a couple of hours.

Weather people saying mid 20's at night for next 4 nights in Jacksonville.

GWRRA rally in Lakeland Sat - Lakeland Fireballs.

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
It's cold down here! Had the heat on this morning! Hope you have Gerbings along! Have a great time! Stop by on your way home if you have time!

·
Registered
809 Posts
He hasn't even gotten out of Texas yet and he's already calling leaves messages rubbing it in!:twisted::wrong: Or maybe he's lonely?;) He'll be having fun I know. I guess I'll have to start a collection for bail money! LOL!:lol:
Look out Florida here comes Bugs hope ya got plenty of beer!:eek:4:

·
Registered
809 Posts
update

He made it. Oh Bugs is a pretty fartsmeller about building a pallet to put the Dirty White Girl on to keep her safe from harm. Just one problem with that if you don't strap it to the floor it'll slide. Must be that engineering side showing thru. I'll let Bugs tell ya the story.:lol:
He called rubbing it in on Saturday saying it was 77 and aqua green water! What a guy.

·
Registered
809 Posts
He called this moring at about 8 am from Lake Charles, Louisana and said it was 30 degree's outside and he was freiezing his arse off! After about a hour of riding he has to get off the feel his feet again. He said he was having a hard time keeping his hands warm even with the heated grips cranked up. He also had ice on his windshield.
I told him to bag his feet like a homeless guy. He said he did and that helped.
So imagine what a really ugly guy wearing bags on his feet riding a $25k motorcylce looks like. Good thing he wears a full face helment, too many little kids out there ya know!LOL!:twisted:

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well Thanks TBJ for keeping everyone updated.
I'm back
I bought a New Camera down in Key West and took a Few pics along the way.
Yesterday How ever there were NONE.
I was Too Freakin Cold to let go of the heated Grips.
I pulled out of KeyWest around 7:30 Monday Morning. It was Nice. I road with just my vest and a Quilted shirt. Road up the Keys to Homestead and then up Hwy 27 to Lake Okeechobee. I knew I was there cause there was a Nice Wall of Dirt keeping me from seeing the Lake. I finally found a road in some little town and got to see the lake. I was dissapointed. It was nothing like I had Imagined. 27 between Homestead and The lake Smells funny . But you make good time.
After that It just stop light after Stoplight for EVER..........
I made it all the way up to Ocala where I spent the night.
Next morning I got up and it was 36 degrees. I started around 7 am or so and it stayed 36 Till pretty much Noon. I was starting to think My Thermometer was Broke. It did start to climb and by the time I reached Gulf Port is made it to 46. I was having to stop every 60 to 80 miles to walk around to thaw my feet out. On one Long run, My feet were so frozen when I told my left foot to down shift, It didn't do anything. It just sat there. I ended up Coasting to a stop, but was able to hold the bike up and get the kickstand down. I kinda did a Crippled old man thing to get off the bike and walked around for almost 30 minutes to get my feet working again.
In Gulfport I found out it was suppose to get really Cold that night so I pushed on and made it to Lake Charles on Tuesday for the night.
I stayed in till almost 9 am this morning to let the Temps climb. I didn't think My feets could handle another day like yesterday.
By 9 am it was almost 41 degrees and today was actually pretty nice. I did stop and shed some gear, A little premature but the temps did finally catch up and the ride home today was rather Pleasant. The last 100 miles was great, The GPS sent me a way I never been before and I found a really nice twisty road to finish out my trip.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Trip

Glad you made it back home OK. I am still looking forward to my first long trip. Heading out to the West Coast in July with about 5 or 6 other wings.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts