GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my chrome wheels. I also mounted the new Dunlop 250 tires that I got from Hal. I could not believe the ride on the test run. This bike was so smooth and rock solid I could not believe it. The front end wobble on decel was gone. I have had a pull to the left in this bike since 1000 miles. It is gone as well. I thought the frame was bent or forks warped. It was the tires. Go figure.
Im a happy camper. Now if I can just get the rest of my "SAFETY CHROME" installed before the wife gets the credit card bill and makes me send some back...... I'll be doing fine.

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
Paupton,watch the Dunlops in the wet, they suck.
Mick :yw1:

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Tires with vacuum

Mic, what tires have you found to be the best in the wet, not that you live in an area that ever has wet roads.

My first 1800 had Bridgestones and it was totally treacherous in the wet. Absolutely scary. I put Dunlops on and they were much better, although not nearly as good as the Dunlop Elite IIs on my other wing (1500).

I am getting near the end of the first rubber on my 04 wing and am planning to go to 70 series rear tire. Would like to hear any comments on either the 70 series or tire brands for wet use. I rarely go over 100 mph but I use the bike exclusively for transportation whch means a lot of rainy rides.

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
Tom, to be honest I prefered the Stones over the Lops in the wet. As do most of the guys I ride with.I will be trying a set of Mets. in the next week or so_One of the guys I ride with has a pair of Avons,the new ones for the 1800 . He is one of the test dummy for them.Right now all he will say is that they look promising.Your right about the Lop 491s on the 1500 ,that was the best wet tire ever.I have never had any problems with wobbles, and don't expect any with the Mets. As far as 70 series tires go ,I would ,just me, stay with the tire size Honda recomends.
Mick :) :) :yw1:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts