GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that some 1800s have a wobble and some don't. Has anyone replaced the front wheel bearings? I read that everything else has been checked, but nothing is said about looking at the bearings.
Don Pittillo
2004 GL1800 Lehman Trike

·
Chard Member
13,071 Posts
Not just the bearings but the complete wheel with bearings. No positive results from the change.

Nice try....but no cigar! LOL....

·
Registered
234 Posts
I replaced my wheel, tire and bearings yesterday.....

My new bike had a bent wheel...easily detected on the balance machine..ordered new wheel with new bearings and new tire...problem solved..put in new Progressive Springs tonight..and it is a whole new bike, spun up to 100 mph and it is a whole new bike.

Now it is running the way it is supposed to run out of the box...springs and labor and fluid was $187.00 in Daytona Beach tonight.

·
Registered
818 Posts
WOBBLE

Had the same treatment given to my 05 at the Mall. Know what you mean. Never had the wheel issue on mine, just the wobble, which is just about gone now. Will snug up the head bearing and I think that will probably do it. They overcharged you, mine was $ 186.37. Maybe I got the senior citizen discount ??? :lol: :lol:

DEPUTY DAWG :cop2:
05 DARK GREY C.E.A.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wobble

This past weeked, I switched my bike from ERGO grips to the Hondaline Heated grips, and reinstalled the handlebar dampers that have been off the bike for the past 3 years.

I too had experienced the annoying wobble ever year, including this year, after the tires had become moderately worn.

Since, the switchover I have noticed the wobble had diminished significantly and ability to manage the bike at lower speeds what I would consider acceptable.

I just wonder if there is a correlation between the two. My bike has 43,000 miles and the existing tires have 10,000+

Since most of us who have switched over to the ERGO grips when the bikes were relatively new, and have had little to no reason remove them once they were installed, and the majority have not reinstalled the dampers, are perhaps those who consider it to be a major annoyance those with ERGO grips?

I can say without a doubt it made a difference on my bike, since the wobble was definately present before. I would be curious if anyone else has had a similar experience

-Jim-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts