GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the local VIP buying tires and getting ready for winter. The service manager, it turned out was a bit af a two stroke drag bike racer in his youth. He grew up and bought an Indian to rebuild. We swapped a few stories.
He suggested that I check out "The Worlds Fastest Indian", the movie.
Anyone seen it? Any comments?
By the way, when I told him about my wing he said, "that is the Cadillac of motorcycles". I agreed it is a fine bike. :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback, the wife and I will have to take a look at it this weekend. Any other great Motorcycle movies you guys, and gals can think of, Easyrider comes to mind immediately as well The Wild Ones.
I can't think of a movie that catches the essence of riding without the BAD BOY stereotype. I use to watch the TV show, Then Came Bronson, Michael Parks was cool. 8)

·
Registered
762 Posts
I bought it on Amazon.com, great movie

·
Registered
681 Posts
Great movie. You will enjoy it.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I watched the World's Fastest Indian a couple weeks ago.It is worth watching.

Wicked said:
Thanks for the feedback, the wife and I will have to take a look at it this weekend. Any other great Motorcycle movies you guys, and gals can think of, Easyrider comes to mind immediately as well The Wild Ones.
I can't think of a movie that catches the essence of riding without the BAD BOY stereotype. I use to watch the TV show, Then Came Bronson, Michael Parks was cool. 8)
I think Then Came Bronson is why I started becoming interested in motorcycles.
The idea of wandering arounbd the country with no particular agenda still appeals to me,and I still hope to be able to accomplish that some day

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
It's not just a good motorcycle movie, it is a good movie period. Anthony Hopkins is outstanding in this movie (as most projects he has been in). This is a good movie that I believe many will enjoy!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
motorcycle movie

Wicked said:
Try "The Long Way Round"....it is about 2 English actors who ride from London to NY City. Quite long, and the one actor (who played Obeewan Kanobe [spelling lousy, but you get the idea]) in Star Wars is constantly using the F word, so keep your innocent ears forewarned.

That aside, as a motorcycle adventure, it is outstanding.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman are the participants in Long Way Round.

They now have a new one out "Race to Dakar".

·
Registered
230 Posts
The fastest Indian

Great movie,I also got wanted to do what Michael Parks did on Then Came Bronson.I am finally going to do my version of that in Sept.when I go to the Rally in New Mexico.Two kids and Three wives got in the way...Jim

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
"The Motorcycle Diaries" was an interesting movie...loosely based on 2 guys on a ride around Argentina, thru Peru and several other areas. English subtitles.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Great story! It's on my christmas list for our movie collection.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Great Movie! Even my wife loved the movie and she usually groans at motorcycle related stuff. The DVD also has the original documenatry with Burt Munro done some 25 years ago. It is worth watching as well.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Long way round

Try "The Long Way Round"....it is about 2 English actors who ride from London to NY City. Quite long, and the one actor (who played Obeewan Kanobe [spelling lousy, but you get the idea]) in Star Wars is constantly using the F word, so keep your innocent ears forewarned.

That aside, as a motorcycle adventure, it is outstanding.[/quote]

Hands down the best Motorcycle movie I've seen. 1 week after watching the series. I bought my Wing. It was eating at me to get back to touring after a 1 year of "sport touring"/

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes The Worlds Fastest Indian is great so is The Long Way round.

I still enjoy watching "On Any Sunday" with Steve McQeen and Smith, that was a great movie too, "On Any Sunday 2" wasn't so great.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I watched it and thought it was great. It wasnt as much about motorcycles as I thought it was going to be; mainly about a man from down under and his venture to the salt flats to race a bike he built.

·
Extra Spicy Seasoned Member
1,448 Posts
Don't know if "On Any Sunday" is available anymore. Steve Mc Queen is on of many dirt riders having a ball.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts