GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this has been the worst in many years . if i get 10,000 miles this year it will be something . starts out 50s rain, winter wont let go . then two weeks later its 80s 90s .:eek:4:to hot for me. work in the heat then ride , blah i did go for a ride one day , left here 82 got down the road 97 hody crap i need to go home , a very wet summer . then there's now , it was 80 last week now 50s again . we have had very few days in the 70s . now we hope for a great sleding year my yamaha tripple has 11k on it , it should have a lot more , the winters have been so poor for so long ,that 18 year olds dont know what real snow is

·
Banned
1,912 Posts
Sympathize with you. We had maybe 2 weeks of good riding weather here Summer did not even show up until Aug. then only lasted 2 weeks back to the rain already
This year we went to Vegas 109 in the shade. We were going to go to Santa Fe but it was too hot so went over and visited Rocky in San Diego 50 deg aggghhh

·
Registered
289 Posts
we had sixty plus days of 100 degrees or hotter this summer now its 70's &80's
cant wait to go to fayetville for bikes blues &bbq:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
We've had a good riding season here in Michigan this summer. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OUR LAKES GOT REALLY LOW , but the last two years i almost put pontunes on the lawn mower :eek:4:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Central Florida - 358 days of sunshine, 345 days of riding, but....due to overcrowding we may be rolling up the welcome mat.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
No sympathy for ya... sorry.

Riding is almost a lifestyle... you either do it or you don't. I live in the Shenandoah Valley of VA where in the summers it's over 90 with high humidity for six weeks to two months. Beginning now, it's low 50's or colder each morning til next May.

I have the gear to ride year round, even below freezing or over 100. There's plenty of threads on here to help ya get more comfortable in all types of weather.

If it's not comfortable for you to ride, buy a convertible.

·
Banned
1,912 Posts
No sympathy for ya... sorry.

Riding is almost a lifestyle... you either do it or you don't. I live in the Shenandoah Valley of VA where in the summers it's over 90 with high humidity for six weeks to two months. Beginning now, it's low 50's or colder each morning til next May.

I have the gear to ride year round, even below freezing or over 100. There's plenty of threads on here to help ya get more comfortable in all types of weather.

If it's not comfortable for you to ride, buy a convertible.
Who said anything about not riding ????
just whining about the lack of better riding weather
Rode in rain until the end of July
Rode in 109 in Nevada and death valley
You may note its a few miles from here!!!
had 2-3 weeks max of 70-80 weather could have used more before the fall rain kicked in
Going for a ride now!! raining lightly

Vancouver, BC

16°C

Partly cloudy

High: 16°C
Humidity: 88
Low: 12°C
Wind: S 24km/h

High
Low
POP Mon

Mainly sunny
17°C
12°C
10%
Tues

Cloudy periods
20°C
11°C
40%
Wed

Light rain
22°C
14°C
80%
Thurs

Light rain
18°C
14°C
100%
Fri

Cloudy with showers
22°C
16°C
90%

·
Registered
20,947 Posts
oh yes there was some really hot and humid weather for a few weeks but wow the weather has been great lately ! i got almost 600 smiles yesterday, started out at 30 degrees and went up to about 62 beautiful and dry :thumbup:
unfortunately its raining today but thats probably a good thing because i need to change some tires :thumbup:

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Sympathize with you. We had maybe 2 weeks of good riding weather here Summer did not even show up until Aug. then only lasted 2 weeks back to the rain already
This year we went to Vegas 109 in the shade. We were going to go to Santa Fe but it was too hot so went over and visited Rocky in San Diego 50 deg aggghhh
The great weather Gods have been great to me since I got the bike back.It was 65 at 7 Am and got up to 81 by mid afternoon when we wwere on our way home.

BTW:
We always have cooler weather for our northern neighbors.:thumbup: cuz daze are used to dat stuff.:shock:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts