GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had repairs or work done at this place?
The Zone Honda-Kawasaki

I've never heard of it but it's conveniently located near public transportation? I uncovered the bike and found a pool of oil on the front wheel. Time for new seals.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I've had my '07 GW in there 3 times for warranty service. They are pleasant and work seems competently done. They were not the selling dealer.

Quoted $180 for mount/balance a set of tires.(plus the tires)

It does seem that their market focus is more to the cruisers and crotch-rocket set.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
I rented the Wing there which I took around Lake Michigan back in 09 that resulted in me buying one (from another dealer). They were good to me, but no idea on their service.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got an estimate for fork rebuilding that included some nonsense so I did it myself.
Had a tire mounted there that was ready a day later than they said it would be. This tells me they are not the type to skip a smoke break or to stay open an extra 10 minutes to satisfy a customer.
I agree, they are crotch rocket minded. I'll go elsewhere.
In the mean time a new shop has popped up on Chicago Ave between Western and California. Chewies. They're light on accessories but have maintenance fluids. A large repair shop with about 5 mechanics and it is packed.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Des Plaines Honda is literally across the street from a Metra - so that may be convenient... that is where I got my wing and they do all my scheduled service and such. Good people, shop staff is very intimate with the wing, and a few of the senior sales and shop guys have gl1800's themselves.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I concur with your opinion of Des Plaines Honda. Plus they have nice events for wingers and charities.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts