GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We passed thru the state of Iowa on about the 19th of June. It is a pretty nice state but we had always heard of it's reputation for raising pigs.
Well we were introduced to them in a real "crappy" way. Seems some truck driver haulin' hogs thought it was fun to get in front of a M/C and try to stay there. He passed us, me not thinking anything about it till he got almost past us and we began to smell his load. Pulling a camp trailer isn't my idea of a race vehicle but that truck driver sure did. When he passed us we were doing the speed limit, maybe 2 or3 over. We followed him for sometime, we backed off quite a ways but the smell got too much so I decided to pass him. That didn't seem to suit him as we had to maintain 80 mph for longer that anticipated, finally got around him, then he dropped out of sight even though we had slowed to the speed limit. Guess he thought he was being funny.
That was the only problem we had with any driver on a 6700 mile trip.

·
IronMan
19,408 Posts
SOMETHING TO CHEW THE FAT OVER :lol::lol: GLAD YA HAD A GOOD TRIP :thumbup:

·
Registered
883 Posts
Bummer sorry that had to happen. I usually stay well back of a livestock truck, stuff seems to come out of them once and awhile and I sure don't want it on me. My dad hauled livestock and I use to drive for him, always amazed me the number of people that would pull up next to you at a stop sign or light, hogs weren't so bad but a load of cattle can put alot of stuff out of a trailer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.