GL1800Riders Forums banner

There is a moral to this joke

3K views 35 replies 24 participants last post by  scarredpelt 
#1 ·
Just imagine if the below story was a crotch rocket and a Goldwing...Enjoy the story!

THERE IS A MORAL HERE!
A C-130 was lumbering along when a c0cky F-16 flashed by.
The jet jockey decided to show off.

The fighter jock told the C-130 pilot, 'watch this!' and promptly went into a barrel roll followed by a steep climb. He then finished with a sonic boom as he broke the sound barrier. The F-16 pilot asked the C-130 pilot what he thought of that?

The C-130 pilot said, 'That was impressive, but watch this!' The C-130 droned along for about 5 minutes and then the C-130 pilot came back on and said: 'What did you think of that?'
Puzzled, the F-16 pilot asked, 'What the heck did you do?'
The C-130 pilot chuckled. 'I stood up, stretched my legs, walked to the back, went to the bathroom
, then got a cup of coffee and a Cinnamon Bun.'

When you are young & foolish - speed & flash may seem a good thing !!!

When you get older & smarter - comfort & dull is not such a bad thing !!!

Us older folks understand this one.

:thumbup:

See less See more
#7 ·
Moral?
to be old and wise you first must be young and stupid......
Couldn't have said it any better KYBLUE :agree:

#8 ·
Good Post :yes::yes:

#17 ·
Riff Raff, the story forgot to mention the C-130 had a water injection system for a very fast and powerful takeoff. ;)
Now this is a fast and powerful takeoff. Gotta love those JATO launches. We (Coast Guard) had to use them for some of our isolated LORAN Stations.

Rock and roll baby!!

#19 ·
Ah...I remember those days, fresh-baked cookies or TV dinners in the oven. Some of our Navigators were quite the cooks in a Herc. I was a C-130 Flight Engineer in the Coast Guard. :thumbup:
Did you know a Bobby Carter? Or should I ask - did you at one time ride a KZ550?

#23 ·
Oh My God!

What a small world this is.

How are you doing? I am sorry to hear about your accident.

Man Bob it's great seeing you on the forums! Palmer Alaska? You've got to tell the tail!

I'm still healing since that butthead drunk driver creamed me and my 2007 Goldwing. 3 weeks in a coma, 3 months in hospitals - and still doing rehab/PT 3 times a week since July 08. The good news - I'm vertical - on one crutch, but taking steps to be snow skiing by next winter, and riding either 2 or 3 wheels by spring 2010.

Here's some pics - http://picasaweb.google.com/CPOCoastie

PM me - and let's get caught up on things!

Thanks again for talking me into riding (Bob talked me into buying my first bile - a 1981 Kawasaki KZ550LTD)! It was because of your brother and his Goldwing (1981 I think) that got me hooked on one day getting a Goldwing! My wife and I have had a great time, and met the best people while on our 'Wing.

Your friend,

Doug

#26 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.