GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this on a BMW forum, but thought it looked good. It attaches without drilling any holes. Unfortunately, it is made for a BMW K1600 Grand America, not a Wing. I am going to contact the distributor to see if there one available for the 2018 Wing. Any thoughts or am I the only one who likes the looks of it?

Randy

Attachments

·
Registered
804 Posts
JMHO but it's typical BMW . . . different just to be different. That clear plastic won't look so good after having some luggage on it a few times.
But to each his own.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I have one of those on my Grand America....it is a quality piece and the no-drill installation is a plus. It looks better in person than in the pics. The manufacturer is in Italy (not made by BMW) and mostly makes windshields, but does make a few plexiglass racks for BMW's. I had my GA before the rack was available, so I called the distributor and was told there were no plans for a GA rack. Lo and behold, 8 months later the GA rack was introduced. I kind of doubt they'll make a rack for the Wing, but you can ask. BTW, no scratches so far.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts