GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
The new set I bought from John last summer had these on them. My wife's headsets are a year older and don't have them, although I plan on getting some for her before riding season. They do work well, you can get the speaker right on your ear, which improves sound quality without "rattling" your ear.

·
Chard Member
12,992 Posts
The headsets take on a different personality with the foam rings on them. I removed mine and could really tell the difference. Sounds better with them, for sure.

I took them off because they were rubbing my ears, they aggravated me. I used contact cement to reattch them! :( In one helmet they don't touch my ears and in my other they do.

G

·
0 Posts
Anyone have any idea if these are "universal"? I have the Honda headsets, and they could sure benefit from something like this!

Thanks--

Ron
'03 Black ABS

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I plan on getting two pairs for our chatterbox speakers, thanks to DDKings recomondations.
We also have silky's that we wear on our heads before we put our helmets on. If you have a problem with the speaker foam rubbing against your ears, you may want to invest in some silky's.
They can be washed and they keep the inside of your helmet clean and dry.
Don

1 - 10 of 10 Posts