GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:shock: As I wont have my new '07 Wing for another week or so, I decided to check out the Hondaline accessories for it. One item in particular was the C.B. radio package. I had this as STANDARD equipment on my '95 SE. I used it when riding with oher wings and on occassion would listen to the truckers just for a chuckle. It's tough enough buying a $21K dollar bike with a new car on the way, but some of those prices are CRAZY! Even with my dealership giving me 15% off, with tax the whole C.B. package is gonna be $851.36 :cus: :shock: I don't expect a good solution aside from maybe finding a nice used one on ebay. I'm just venting :? Looks like my new Wing is gonna be mostly stock for a while :(

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
hmmmm 851 is rather high for a cb. Honda dealers usually sell them for about 800 bucks for the CB alone, if you got a 15% discount, that should drop it down to about 680. 680 plus whatever your tax is should not get up anywhere near 800 bucks.

OR you could just go to Hondadirectline and save yourself like 300 bucks.

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
What Bulldog said. During Hal's Thanksgiving sale, I got the CB for $540. Instead of getting the Hondaline CB antenna, I opted for the Sierra Electronics version: http://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail.asp ... %2DSINGLE3

Screwed the new antenna into the existing AM/FM antenna holder, wired it all up and presto. Works like a champ. Total investment, $650 and about 2 hours to install it.

Bartman

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"quote"hmmmm 851 is rather high for a cb. Honda dealers usually sell them for about 800 bucks for the CB alone, if you got a 15% discount, that should drop it down to about 680. 680 plus whatever your tax is should not get up anywhere near 800 bucks.

OR you could just go to Hondadirectline and save yourself like 300 bucks.

That price INCLUDES the actual C.B. unit AND the antenna package which adds another $137.95 to the $806.95 price of just the radio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts