GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Demon coming in the first part of the week..and no rear ct. Momma always did tell me I was her "spechul" child. Making my mind up on the Demon was pretty easy (especially with the price I got it for ;)) but I am torn between the Dunlop winter that is getting the recent rave reviews and the Khumo. decisions..decisions..

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
You are the only one who can decide, but the Khumo is a known quantity, while the Dunny is still being toyed with by only a handful of folks. If it were me, I would go with the Khumo or the Eufori. While it is fairly easy to source a rear wheel and play with different tires on the back, sourcing a front wheel and rotors is a little rice for a lot of folks. I just got my spare front wheel set up a few months ago, so now I can swap fronts and rears and see what I prefer. My Dunny will be here in a few weeks, so I will be able to feel first hand how it works with the Demon up front. Then I can try it with a Stone..

·
Registered
248 Posts
Here is my $0.02 worth.

I sat on the fence for a year.

I studied the spec. and appearance of every tire out there that would fit.

Being a 'European American' to be PC, (I'm English actually....) I'm very familiar with Pirelli, Michelin, Avon etc, and indeed worked in the tire trade many years ago. For cars I typically use Michelin's as I just like em, and they're the bollocks..

But for the bike I was flummoxed.

I ordered the Kumho RF simply because it's tread pattern is perfectly symmetrical, and I think was one of, if not the only one with this quality.

It should have arrived today, but Monday is now the day. Can't wait.

John

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Watzed
My 1st C/T was the Dun 3D wintersport RF got 19677 miles out of it and liked it a lot.Keep in mind the most i have gotten on a M/T 10k. I am now running a Kumho and like it better than any of the others i have ran (conti goodyear) . Its quieter smoother and handles a tad better. Dont know about the mileage yet but i dont run the C/T just cause gets good mileage. I like them because they are safer ride smoother quieter and greater grip wet or dry.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Here is my $0.02 worth.

I sat on the fence for a year.

I studied the spec. and appearance of every tire out there that would fit.

Being a 'European American' to be PC, (I'm English actually....) I'm very familiar with Pirelli, Michelin, Avon etc, and indeed worked in the tire trade many years ago. For cars I typically use Michelin's as I just like em, and they're the bollocks..

But for the bike I was flummoxed.

I ordered the Kumho RF simply because it's tread pattern is perfectly symmetrical, and I think was one of, if not the only one with this quality.

It should have arrived today, but Monday is now the day. Can't wait.

John
John, I did the same thing....read for a year, then went for the Kumho. I have been extremely happy with it. I also love the front tire. I think you will really like the setup. Looking forward to your reports.:popcorn:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts