GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current ride is a 1999 Valk Interstate that I have enjoyed riding. Thinking seriously of upgrading to the Wing. My last Wing was a 1999 model. Kinda hope I don't like the Wing but I don't see that happening. We'll see. :cool:

·
Registered
814 Posts
I am sure Honda had a good reason to discontinue making the Valk, but for the life of me I don't know what it was. I suggest you test ride the Wing - I did in 2008 and I own a 2008 Goldwing......:thumbup:

·
Registered
19,060 Posts
Coming from a Valkerie(a great bike) I still dont see how you cannot love the GL1800

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
My current ride is a 1999 Valk Interstate that I have enjoyed riding. Thinking seriously of upgrading to the Wing. My last Wing was a 1999 model. Kinda hope I don't like the Wing but I don't see that happening. We'll see. :cool:
If you go for a test ride bring your checkbook.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Several years ago, I went to test drive a Valkerie Interstate since the wife couldn't stand sport bikes or cruisers anymore and I loved the Valk!!! I made the mistake of test riding a Wing and loved it more!! Ended up getting a new 03 Wing and now on my 08 Wing. Best bikes on the planet!! Good luck!

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I had a Valk and a Gl-1500 and rode both. Bought a 04 Wing and found that I didn't use the Valk nearly as often and ended up selling it.

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
"I am sure Honda had a good reason to discontinue making the Valk, but for the life of me I don't know what it was."

The Valkerie did not sell in large enough numbers to justify the inventory and support required.

I am sure Honda had a good reason to discontinue making the Valk, but for the life of me I don't know what it was. I suggest you test ride the Wing - I did in 2008 and I own a 2008 Goldwing......:thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts