GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
That sure looks painful. :eek:4:

See a lot of under dressed riders out there. This is the result of what happens when the rider meets the road.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I cringe when I see folks here wearing the "Official NJ Sport Bikers Gear", which is

full face helmet worn on TOP of the head so the chin bar is at your forehead
wife beater shirt
shorts
flip flops

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Got some boots that look like her foot (scarred). My feet untouched. Some people think (falsely) that it won't happen to them. They're too good.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Looks like they had a vacum pump attached to it for healing...My son had one for his wound that he recieved in the sandbox...

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
but what boots?

Any recommendations for a boot for a daily commuter that works in a casual corporate environment, and also lives in hot, humid central NC? I sometimes wear sneakers and I must say I am not very comfortable with that. I have a sturdy pair of hiking boots I wear when on weekend rides, and another pair of hiking shoes that I usually wear, but do not cover the ankle.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
How about a good pair of touring motorcycle boots for the ride to work and swap them for a pair of shoes from the trunk when you get to work.

·
Registered
479 Posts
What gets me is people you see wearing shorts and flip flops.
Even tennis shoes are better then that

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
As they say, that'll leave a mark!

"Sweat wipes off, road rash doesn't."

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Any recommendations for a boot for a daily commuter that works in a casual corporate environment, and also lives in hot, humid central NC? I sometimes wear sneakers and I must say I am not very comfortable with that. I have a sturdy pair of hiking boots I wear when on weekend rides, and another pair of hiking shoes that I usually wear, but do not cover the ankle.
How about a good pair of touring motorcycle boots for the ride to work and swap them for a pair of shoes from the trunk when you get to work.
Exactly my thought, Kiwi. Even hiking boots are not necessarily designed for riding a motorcycle in the event of a get-off. Good motorcycle boots should be made of very thick leather and come up high over your ankles to at least mid calf. Although some boots can be comfortable to walk in, mine are heavy and stiff and not very comfortable to walk in, so I carry a pair of comfortable shoes in the trunk that I exchange when I get to my destination. However, especially after looking at the photos here, I appreciate that mine are designed to afford extra protection.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts

A voice of reason. I do it all the time, keep a pair of shoes in my desk and change 'em out.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I saw a video of an AGATT study done over a year period down under and what surprised me that the number one predictor of an injury were boots. Riders who wore over the ankle boots were over 50 percent more likely to suffer no injury in an accident than those who did not. Feet were one of the most often injured body parts and apparently riders who wear boots are also more likely to wear other stuff too.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
We're assuming she hurt her foot in a motorcycle crash while not wearing boots. I did some research and learned she was wearing boots and that a semi ran over her foot. So which story is it?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I wear Justin boots, they look good with business casual, but probably aren't dressy enough for a suit.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Here is one of my boots after I was hit from behind and the bike was laid over on it's left side and slid a long ways with my leg underneath it.
Glad I had a good pair opf boots on

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
OOOOOuch!!!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts