GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting this on here because I was thinking someone might know of a camper that is closer to me in Georgia and not across the country. Not looking to break the bank here, if I was I would buy a new one. Leaning towards an Aspen or a Bunkhouse but will consider others depending on price.

So if you can help me that would be great, I live in northern Georgia in Blairsville.

Thanks in advance.
Mike

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm putting this on here because I was thinking someone might know of a camper that is closer to me in Georgia and not across the country. Not looking to break the bank here, if I was I would buy a new one. Leaning towards an Aspen or a Bunkhouse but will consider others depending on price.

So if you can help me that would be great, I live in northern Georgia in Blairsville.

Thanks in advance.
Mike
I had an Aspen Ambassador trailer and it was really nice, but I gotta tell you it is heavy and takes a lot of fun out of riding. I sold mine after one 5k mile trip. Hit a lot of rain and rear tire slip ate a new tire in about 12 days of all rain. Plus, I hit light snow leaving elevation in Yosemite and had a harrowing 100 miles of the trailer pushing me down hill. Trailer brakes might have helped but I just found it more than it was worth.

I bought the Harbor Freight black plastic trailer, tossed a comfy tent in it and you never know it's back there.

I realize I am probably an aggressive rider (Duh!) and if you take a sedate pace, it's ok, but even then it's a lot to haul around, takes a lot of fun out of riding.

Ed

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand an agree with you about the joy of riding without a trailer. I do have a Bushtec and love it when my wife and I travel. Now if I'm off by myself I leave it at home. I pack light and use a small Kayak bag on my rear seat. Make me feel like "Then Came Bronson".

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts