GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19,442 Posts
It's a 1945 Ural made in Russia. Probably worth a grand in the original shape even if it does not run. The bikes are slow. Parts are hard to find. Good luck. Since you live in DFW area see if you can get the gun on the side it is worth $$$

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
There was a similar looking Suzuki at the Navy Seals museum last weekend for the Veterans' Day Muster...they were raffling in it off...guess I didn't win!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
DEon't you have to have a federal permit to own a machine gun? If I got the bike I would have to have replica of the machine gun made and mounted on there. It would not be the same without it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
laen said:
It's a 1945 Ural made in Russia. Probably worth a grand in the original shape even if it does not run. The bikes are slow. Parts are hard to find. Good luck. Since you live in DFW area see if you can get the gun on the side it is worth $$$
I was at the IMS in Fort Worth yesterday and actually ended up having a cool conversation over at the Ural exhibit. The bikes don't look too far advanced from what's in the auction. But damn! The folks manning the display are PASSIONATE about their sidecars! I've never had any desire for that kind of bike but they sure made it sound like fun. There was also a running video showing someone taking a rig up the side of a rocky mountain. Not something I would ever attempt and to be honest, doesn't really look like fun - but it was impressive to watch..

·
Registered
399 Posts
One of those sold here in So. Vt. last month for $5500 .... It had less than 10k miles and ran like a top (well, as well as they can run) It looked like a fun machine.....I almost bought it but when I finally decided to do it .......it was sold........so I got a 4x4 yamaha quad with a plow......joy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts