GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I am stuck here in central Illinois. I have snow that measures up to 4 feet in my yard. I just went out with snow blower and cut a path so I can move one of my bikes from storage shed to garage. But after snow blowing path I can in and had one of my favorite Arkansas breakfast. Biscuits and chocolate gravy. Just reminds me I need snow to melt so I can get back down and ride with Monk.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,872 Posts
OK I am stuck here in central Illinois. I have snow that measures up to 4 feet in my yard. I just went out with snow blower and cut a path so I can move one of my bikes from storage shed to garage. But after snow blowing path I can in and had one of my favorite Arkansas breakfast. Biscuits and chocolate gravy. Just reminds me I need snow to melt so I can get back down and ride with Monk.
Our snow is not that deep, but we are having a very bad winter. This is the worst winter for riding that we've had in ages. Don't know how you guys stand it.

Had an opportunity to do the Death Valley Ride this year. The weather out there looks great! I could stand some 70 degree stuff. But I can't get out of Arkansas to go there! :cry:

I know a place that I could get some biscuits and chocolate gravy, but think I could not get there and back right now unless I took the 4 wheel drive. I just don't think it would be the same.

Looking foreword to spring!!!

·
Registered
724 Posts
come on down Jerry, just be sure to bring the snow shovel with you:lol:
.....and heated underwear, heated gloves, heated vest, Hippo Hands, tire chains, a balaclava......:twisted:

·
Registered
724 Posts
BMXDad,
you will be better off praying for rain to wash off the sand. That will happen far before we will see the Ark. DOT send out any rotary brooms to the highways.

Joe

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,872 Posts
BMXDad,
you will be better off praying for rain to wash off the sand. That will happen far before we will see the Ark. DOT send out any rotary brooms to the highways.

Joe
:agree:

There was one section of highway 16 that still had some sand on it in July last year. It took that long for it to wear off. In the Ozarks rain and traffic are the only things available to take off the sand. After a harsh winter it can take awhile!

I am not looking foreword to finding all the bad spots!! :eek:4:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Biscuits and chocolate gravy.

Mmmmmm!!! It's been a long time since I've had that...

Got family in Dardanell and Russellville.

·
Registered
724 Posts
:agree:

There was one section of highway 16 that still had some sand on it in July last year. It took that long for it to wear off. In the Ozarks rain and traffic are the only things available to take off the sand. After a harsh winter it can take awhile!

I am not looking foreword to finding all the bad spots!! :eek:4:
Bob,
I'm sure you have noticed the marbles left in a lot of the corners on Hwy. 16 west of Clinton since the Highway Department graveled the shoulders at least as far as Crabtree and in a few spots even farther up. It is looking like Saturday is going to be pretty nice, I think I need to get some more test miles on the Goldwing shock on the FJ. If it works out for me are you free to get out then?

Joe

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,872 Posts
Bob,
I'm sure you have noticed the marbles left in a lot of the corners on Hwy. 16 west of Clinton since the Highway Department graveled the shoulders at least as far as Crabtree and in a few spots even farther up. It is looking like Saturday is going to be pretty nice, I think I need to get some more test miles on the Goldwing shock on the FJ. If it works out for me are you free to get out then?

Joe
I might be, sure hope I am!!!!

If the grandson visits for the weekend, then I will not be able to make it. May not know about that until the end of the week.

So keep me in the loop, if I am free Saturday I will be ready to go!

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Man o man...have to use 4x4 to get out of the garage!!! Had to get a second run up the hill toward house, wife though we were back at Disneyland on a 'E' ticket ride!!

Still lots of snow up here, and black ice in less traveled areas...parking lots are terrible!!

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,872 Posts
Man o man...have to use 4x4 to get out of the garage!!! Had to get a second run up the hill toward house, wife though we were back at Disneyland on a 'E' ticket ride!!

Still lots of snow up here, and black ice in less traveled areas...parking lots are terrible!!

Thanks for that!! Guess we need to wait awhile before going north!

Stuff like that has kept me riding south of the Arkansas River!

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Thanks for that!! Guess we need to wait awhile before going north!

Stuff like that has kept me riding south of the Arkansas River!
Head south and I'll see if I can get away this weekend. suppose to be pushing 70 degrees ...

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,872 Posts
I will not get to ride this weekend. Both grandsons are spending the weekend. This is the first visit since Christmas.

Hopefully the weather will last long enough for me to get in a ride next week.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,872 Posts
I will not get to ride this weekend. Both grandsons are spending the weekend. This is the first visit since Christmas.

Hopefully the weather will last long enough for me to get in a ride next week.
A little update, we are taking the grandsons home Sunday morning. I will have time after lunch to get out for a little while!!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Bob,
Enjoy the grandkids! I have scheduled all next week off to burn my vacation carry over hours. I plan on getting out at least one of those days. Let me know if you plan on heading out for a ride next week.

Joe

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,872 Posts
Bob,
Enjoy the grandkids! I have scheduled all next week off to burn my vacation carry over hours. I plan on getting out at least one of those days. Let me know if you plan on heading out for a ride next week.

Joe
Yes!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Chocolate Gravy?? I grew up down south and have never heard of this...

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,872 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
I don't know if it is just a southern thing or not but we sure had it a lot growing up in Arkansas:thumbup: very yummy poured over homemade biscuits. what wouldn't be good about mixing together milk, flour, butter, sugar, and cocoa powder:lol:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts