GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well why not? I keep going out to the garage and having nothing to do on my wing other than wash it. Too damn reliable. I think I need a man's bike, one that needs lots of attention. Parts falling off, clinks, clanks and grinding, that's what I need. Anybody know where I can get a 1947 pan head with electric start? :popcorn::twisted: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
DUDE! You da man! :bow:

I, for one, am too much of a wimp, so I'm gonna keep my Wing.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
First year panhead was 48. Sometimes close enough aint close enough.:oops:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Not sure I ever saw a pan or a knuck with an electric start.......I guess you could make one....My old panhead's ability to start was inversely proportional to the number of people standing around. Ken

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
yep Steve lots here are probably old Harley guys I'm on the 25th bike 6th wing
lots of Harleys along the way
used to build and Drag Race em ' a long time ago when I was young and very stupid.
do wish I still had the BSA's though had a 63 -500 single cylinder and a 650 new off showroom floor in 69 full custom
you know nothing sounds like a Harley but my neighbors 1300 VTX with pipes sounds as good if not better then any Harley I've heard
just rattlin' on since you stuck the paddle in the pot for a stir:popcorn:

·
Registered
19,055 Posts
A BMW might work too

·
Registered
557 Posts
My next door neighbor is rebuilding a knucklehead as we speak.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Well why not? I keep going out to the garage and having nothing to do on my wing other than wash it. Too damn reliable. I think I need a man's bike, one that needs lots of attention. Parts falling off, clinks, clanks and grinding, that's what I need. Anybody know where I can get a 1947 pan head with electric start? :popcorn::twisted: :thumbup:
Just do it! Then I can say it was nice to meet you on this board, it's hard to type with grease on your fingers. You'll get what you asked for. Best of luck to ya. Or....are you just bluffin????

·
Rocket Man
1,556 Posts
Take that repair time and use it as ride time. A lot less frustration than owning a Harley. :thumbup:

·
Registered
250 Posts
RU sure a knucklehead wouldn't fit you better?
Wingriderz, that was Truly "rich", LOL !!!

I just deleted my own rant re the "joys" of owning a '72 Sportster that ate starter motor Bendix-drive gears with alarming regularity (like every two weeks), and a '77 LowRider shovelhead. "LowRider", ha ha. How aptly named. I was Low Indeed, riding that thing. Singin' the blues just as badly as the motor itself was.

What I thank The Motor Company for, more than anything else, is educating me a little bit beyond Young and Stupid, and clearly imparting a well-learned, well-remembered Lesson of how NOT to drive cross-country, LOL.

I deleted my own rant realizing that if I Told The Real Truth like it Really Was And Is, I'd be Flame-Thrower Enough that Peacekeeper Lamont would have no recourse but to permananently ban me from this board, and I'd lose benefit of all the myriad Wisdoms so often found herein.

So I guess I'll just let a Pic speak its own "thousand words" all by itself. Click The Pic to enlarge it.

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
I thought the consensus was WOMEN were high maintenance, NOT MEN. Therefor Harley's are "CHICK BIKES".
At any rate it should keep you busier than the Wing, but wouldn't riding MORE be a better plan???

·
Registered
179 Posts
1965 FLH was a electric start.First year they made a electric start. I know I had one for 30 years.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Mcrider4eva5491 that actually looks like the Factory in Milwaukee I've been there good thing there were no snipers on roof, I'd send that pic to the CEO thats good stuff

:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
may of 2002 put a deposit on a goldwing...."friends" talked me into getting a harley instead...canceled wing deposit waited 5 months to take delivery of 02 pearl white road king classic... 7 years later and after too many repairs to mention.....4/11/09 traded 02 harley for 08 pearl white gl1800....:doorag: to do it all over again...I should have bought the wing to start with;)

·
Soon to be Former Member
7,733 Posts
one that needs lots of attention. Parts falling off, clinks, clanks and grinding, that's what I need. Anybody know where I can get a 1947 pan head with electric start? :popcorn::twisted: :thumbup:
Just date an old woman.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts