GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have guestions why is the tire called runflat and I'm going for mileage what tire would you people go with, give me some brands

·
Registered
216 Posts
Glad youre considering coming over. Run flat is just as it says......Run Flat. Youre able to drive or in this case ride when there is zero pressure in the tire due to a puncture.

Browse the Darkside board and see what others are saying about different tires. Then form your own opinion and buy accordingly.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Choices Choices

After a long period of reading some geniuses on this forum (i mean that nicely guys!) i went with the Ecsta SPT XRP (KU31) and running 3oz of Dynabeads. I got it for $133 from www.tirerack.com but everyone has their opinions. Read carefully and decide what you want. I went with the Run Flat because it just makes too much sense to me. Some guys out here like Kit Carson have been darksiders for years and on other bikes as well. pace yourself, dont get in a rush.

"The Ecsta SPT XRP (KU31) is Kumho's Ultra High Performance Summer self-supporting run-flat tire developed to provide temporary continuing mobility in the event of a puncture causing air loss for sports cars, coupes and sedans. The Ecsta SPT XRP was designed to offer grip, handling, comfort, wear and good looks in order to provide enthusiastic drivers the ability to "Drive Hard 'Go Big' Look Good."

So learn well padawon Learner

Cheers

·
Registered
331 Posts
Joel welcome aboard, very good advice that you gave in this thread. Just have to read and decide for themselves. But in my own opinion the Kumho is a great tire for me.
Ride safe and enjoy the c/t
mrwelaxn

·
Registered
128 Posts
bikeaboy,

I also went with the Kumho RF. It is an excellent tire and so far I luv the way the bike handle in the rain. This weekend I finally went Double Darkside and put a Pirelli Sport Demon on the front.(Thanks Rocky!!!!!)
There are a lot of different tires to choose from so you have a choice to make. Good luck in your choice of tires.

Welcome to the Crew 3Turtles!!!!!

Ray :biker:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts