GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 22’ model has me contemplating an upgrade. My 18’ Tour DCT (Blue) has 3200 miles on it. Paid in full with a clear title. Im wanting to know what the fair market value is on this bike. Im asking because in different parts of the country Im sure bikes go for different rates.

I drove from FL to Detroit to get this bike and theres no telling where I might go to get another is why Im asking.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
I would imagine the value is higher where the riding season is in force…. So now that’s it’s winter it would be Florida and the southwest…

It will be interesting how long these high prices for used stuff sticks….

·
Registered
2018 Goldwing 6 speed / 2014 Suzuki Hayabusa
63 Posts
Fog/driving lights, better passenger grab rail and larger trunk are three. That might be the extent.
those add on's wont cost as much as your gonna lose selling the bike for those. the only thing you cant get is going to be bigger trunk. but a cargo rack and water proof bag strapped on top fixes that for those long long trips. In the end it's what ever makes you happy!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Kelly Blue Book $21,880 (good condition, typical mileage, from dealer). NADA $19,235 (low retail) $25,310 (average retail). Take it for what it's worth but anytime I was going to purchase a used vehicle of any kind I checked KBB and NADA. I'm so old I remember when both came in an actual book. I'm sure you're familiar with the saying "It's worth what someone is willing to pay." Next question, will you let potential buyer take it for a test ride? Good luck with the sale if you decide to let 'er go.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
23,500 for an '18...man, thats what i paid for mine brand new. sucks to be a buyer right now
Just think how it feels to pay $28K for a 22, plus a few grand more for tax, title, license, higher insurance cost, etc. But hey, ya can't take it with you.

Reactions: Sladep

·
Registered
349 Posts
You can do fog lights and grab handles for $500. Trunk I don't know but if you have only put 3200 miles on an 18 model do you really need a bigger trunk? But if that's what floats your boat then go for it. Motorcycles are toys after all and not necessities so if that is what you want to do you have my permission.
Gesture Finger Thumbs signal Thumb Sign language

Can't speak for your wife though.

·
Premium Member
2018 DCT Airbag
5,123 Posts
Take the KBB top value, add about 15% for inflation and higher used-vehicle prices, then list the 2018 and see what offers you get. Don't listen to the nay-sayers. You're entitled to whatever toys you want and can afford for no other reason than that's what you want and can afford. OTOH, it's coming on Christmas, and you could earn a lot of style points by giving the money you'd lose in this exchange--ballpark about US$4000.00--to a food bank, then riding your very similar 2018 for a few more happy years..

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
The bigger trunk is that much of a deal. It is easier to trade in "small trunk" 2018 and get a larger trunk 2022 if they have you color. And blue is my color, so I will be considering trading in my just paid off 2018 for a 2022 later in the year. And I feel it will be worth my time to remove as many of the extra's I can on my 2018 to put on my 2022 as I can. Not even for going on a trip, I am too often trying to cram more that what will fit in that tiny "pill box" of a trunk with helmet and coat being a very tight fit when I go into the store or office. The only other option would be to buy a 2022 trunk box and figure out how to make it fit on my 2018.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
The 22’ model has me contemplating an upgrade. My 18’ Tour DCT (Blue) has 3200 miles on it. Paid in full with a clear title. Im wanting to know what the fair market value is on this bike. Im asking because in different parts of the country Im sure bikes go for different rates.

I drove from FL to Detroit to get this bike and theres no telling where I might go to get another is why Im asking.
32 HUNDRED miles or 32 THOUSAND miles on the bike ??

1 - 20 of 31 Posts