GL1800Riders Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Detroit to Florida is 1300 miles so I am guessing OP meant 32,000 miles. Others have mentioned KBB value and you could go to that site and type in your zip for a more accurate valuation. In my case I find it very difficult to consider buying a newer vehicle just to have slight upgrades, however I do keep my vehicles a long time.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Detroit to Florida is 1300 miles so I am guessing OP meant 32,000 miles. Others have mentioned KBB value and you could go to that site and type in your zip for a more accurate valuation. In my case I find it very difficult to consider buying a newer vehicle just to have slight upgrades, however I do keep my vehicles a long time.
Nope I drove my truck and trailered it home. As a matter of fact My mileage is off. My actual mileage is 2792…Im going to list it for $24K and see. Thats an average Im seeing at least in my neck of the woods. Got it listed on facebook. May list it on cycle trader on the first. In fact may list it on this site if there is a forum for buy and sale here.

·
Administrator
4,354 Posts
Nope I drove my truck and trailered it home. As a matter of fact My mileage is off. My actual mileage is 2792…Im going to list it for $24K and see. Thats an average Im seeing at least in my neck of the woods. Got it listed on facebook. May list it on cycle trader on the first. In fact may list it on this site if there is a forum for buy and sale here.
And yes, there is a "For Sale" section here. I see you found it, for your bike is listed. Good luck with the sale.

Glen

·
Registered
4 Posts
The 22’ model has me contemplating an upgrade. My 18’ Tour DCT (Blue) has 3200 miles on it. Paid in full with a clear title. Im wanting to know what the fair market value is on this bike. Im asking because in different parts of the country Im sure bikes go for different rates.

I drove from FL to Detroit to get this bike and theres no telling where I might go to get another is why Im asking.
Damn dude, the '18 isn't even broken in...I really see no reason to upgrade IMHO

·
Registered
2018 DCT Tour
1,886 Posts
Fog/driving lights, better passenger grab rail and larger trunk are three. That might be the extent.
If its really that big of a deal, the fog lights can be added quite simply. The passenger grab rails can be swapped out for a later version.And I believe someone makes a trunk size increaser.

Instead of trading in and incurring the expense of the dealer lowballing your trade-in, install these upgrades on your current bike.

Not only will you not get raked by the dealer, the value of your bike will probably be increased.

·
Registered
986 Posts
The 22’ model has me contemplating an upgrade. My 18’ Tour DCT (Blue) has 3200 miles on it. Paid in full with a clear title. Im wanting to know what the fair market value is on this bike. Im asking because in different parts of the country Im sure bikes go for different rates.

I drove from FL to Detroit to get this bike and theres no telling where I might go to get another is why Im asking.
Man, with that low mileage it seems you just drove it around the Walmart parking lot a few times. You really need to get used to it a lot more before you sell it so that you can scratch your butt wondering why you got rid of the 18 for the new one. Anyway, good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
107 Posts

I am hoping that you meant you have 32,000 not 3,200. If it is 3200 miles why in the heck would you want to upgrade. You don't know anything about what this bike will do let alone need anything different until you do.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I am hoping that you meant you have 32,000 not 3,200. If it is 3200 miles why in the heck would you want to upgrade. You don't know anything about what this bike will do let alone need anything different until you do.
Sorry , ............... but if you go back and actually read the posts submitted .............. you will answer your own question !!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts