GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting things rolling for this years Reuben Run. For the best Reuben and the best folks in the west be at the Harvest Depot Restaurant in Lapine Or. Sept 6th between 11:00 and 3:00. If you have the time book a room at the Best Western in Lapine and enjoy some of the best riding in the west. Mention the Reuben run and get a discount on the room. Have questions PM me or call 541-536-8556.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
I logged on the La Pine Best Western site 2 days ago and tried to reserve a room for 9/5 & 9/6 but there were no rooms available for those dates. Checked out some reviews on other motels in the area but from what I read I wouldn't let my dog sleep there. Not looking for anything fancy, just has to be clean and they had poor reviews for cleanliness. :eek:4: Any suggestions?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reuben Run

If you call the local Best Western 541-536-5130 for a room you need to mention my name Ray Slocomb and then they will set it up. I reserved the whole place and they put it under my name instead on Reuben run.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Any idea how many folks will be attending this event? :shrug:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any idea how many folks will be attending this event? :shrug:
It's hard to say just how many as some just ride in for the day. The first year there were over 100 for Reuben's at the Harvest Depot and I did BBQ for 55 at my house that evening. Second year I'm not sure for day riders but it was a lot and we did catered food for 65 at the motel. This year Who knows. The motel is over half full and there is over a month to go.
There is going to be a fun poker run to benefit local kids in need starting at the motel and ending at the Harvest Depot. There will be some live music and hope to have some vendors. There are three places for dinner if you're sticking around and for junk food there is Subway, Taco smell and MickeyD's.
Should be a good time so put it on your ride calendar

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Thanks for the reply Ray. I reserved my room last week and I'll be leaving Sun. am (9/7) to ride up to Portland to visit with my daughter for the day and then return to CA Sun. late afternoon.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump. getting closer so plan to be here.

If you want shirts look in the ride planning section at fjrforum.com for order info

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
10 days to go. Make your plans to join us for a Reuben and a good time. Ride the poker run and see some of the best of central Oregon. 200.00 cash prize for high hand.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Ray, just want to send out a Thanks to you for putting together a great event. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in La Pine, met some neat folks, and lets not forget the outstanding Reuben sandwich as that was the reason for my ride. After leaving Sun. am I went to Portland to spend 1/2 day with my daughter and then over to the OR coast for my return trip to CA. Total smiles....1793 mi. in the 5 days I was gone. Hope to see ya next year. :bow:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts