both reserve screws are being used by ram mount holders for gps and ipod holder

need a ram mount mountable drink holder

any choices besides ram mount can holder

is butler ram mountable

hurry-i am thirsty

·
Registered
756 Posts
It looks like at fairly simple job to adapt the Butler cup with a one inch ball from Ram-Mount. Some one on the board did it awhile back.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
RAM Makes one to mount to the ram ball....swivels too....or several have abapted the ring for the Butler mount to mount to a ram ball....Butler Mug is ugly, but it's one of the best for keeping drinks cold....

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Save some money, go to wally-world and get a bicycle water holder-bottle, velcro and zip tie to handle bar. Polished aluminum, looks good and works with 20oz. bottles. I have a Butler also and love it.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I have the Butler too. Way overpriced but a nice unit. BTW, look at that pretty yellow bike on their site. Yep, it's mine. I had one of the first new mounts. Those fold down plastic units are OK but flimsy.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Yep... it can be Ram mounted as I have done my Butler plus I have another item mounted with it (using dual Ram balls). I agree, the Butler is a little on the high priced side but, over the years, have used many different types of cup holders & the Butler is the best.

I have two cups... one for cold & one for hot (one is the bags while the other is being used).

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
BugEyedTurkey said:
Yep... it can be Ram mounted as I have done my Butler plus I have another item mounted with it (using dual Ram balls). I agree, the Butler is a little on the high priced side but, over the years, have used many different types of cup holders & the Butler is the best.

I have two cups... one for cold & one for hot (one is the bags while the other is being used).
Paul, am I missing something?? Why 2 Butlers?? Cold mornings I have hot coffee in it, afternoons I fill it with ice water. What am I missing. Inquiring minds want to know.

Larry

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I also have RAM mounts on both handlebars.I was going to RAM mount my Butler,but ended up getting some longer bolts and bolting my Butler mount on to the bolt holes on the RAM mount.Works just fine.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Paul, am I missing something?? Why 2 Butlers?? Cold mornings I have hot coffee in it, afternoons I fill it with ice water. What am I missing. Inquiring minds want to know.
Larry... sorry 'bout that... don't know why you can't read my mind... got two cups - don't have two complete mounts... just swap cups. I am an 'ol military guy and NOTHING goes in my coffee cup 'cept coffee. NEVER washed... only rinsed!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
BugEyedTurkey said:
Larry... sorry 'bout that... don't know why you can't read my mind... got two cups - don't have two complete mounts... just swap cups. I am an 'ol military guy and NOTHING goes in my coffee cup 'cept coffee. NEVER washed... only rinsed!
Aye, Aye. :wink:

·
Registered
416 Posts
I am an 'ol military guy and NOTHING goes in my coffee cup 'cept coffee. NEVER washed... only rinsed!
Amen! Kind of like beer mugs, nothing but beer. Ask my mother-in-law. While visiting one weekend she helped herself to one of my beer mugs out of the freezer. Filled it full of cola. I let her keep the beer mug. :evil:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Todd,

Don't you realize how serious that is? Allowing a beer mug to have anything but beer to touch it? I would have filed a "divorce my mother in law" action. Man-O-man... glad you survived!

Yes sir, 'round my household, all the kids & grandkids know three things that can cause the inception of WW-III.

1. NEVER, NEVER touch the coffee mug on the scooter or the favorite cup in the cabinet (and I don't give a tinkers #%$* how black it is on the inside!).

2. Same for the beer mug in the freezer!

3. NEVER, NEVER use or even touch MY graphite pool stick! Use any on the rack 'cept that one! If so, pool table visa's and permits will be cancelled, IMMEDIATELY!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I am using 2 cups as well. 20 oz for coffee and then I use the 34 oz for tasty ice cold beverages when the weather warms up. Doesn't take near as much room for storage as you would think. Keep the spare in the back of the saddlebag on top of my FroggTogg pouch.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I have posted this a number of times but it works so well for us and those who have copied it that I’ll post it again.
We like ICE cold water. Besides, we have to watch Barb’s sugar and we always float a can of Slim Fast. I took an Igloo water jug and bungeed it into the front right corner of the travel trunk. Out of it I ran a looooong straw made from icemaker tubing (6cents per foot). I drilled a hole in the front of the trunk in the triangle formed by the seat, seat back, and the side storage pocket.
When I ride solo I run the tube behind my belt and just pull it up to use. When Barb is with me she hands it under my right arm and I grab it with my left hand and clamp it between my teeth. When not in use Barb coils the tube and wedges it between the seat back and the speaker/armrest.
This system works well for us. We both wear full faced helmets so the straw is great. I had to trim the nozzle to fit in the trunk and always blow the water back to clear the tube or it will warm in the sun.
I like the Butler for hot coffee but for cold water you cannot beat this system.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Actually, what I did is to remove the hardware from the yoke and replace it with a 1" SS 1/4-20 bolt and the RAM-B-309-3 ball that's threaded the same. The bolt head fits into the recessed hex opening on the yoke perfectly.

Attach it to a spare ball on the handlebar mount, and you're good to go...

·
Registered
19,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
DavidL-I am looking for something like you have-thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts