GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a warm 58 degrees tonight, so I took a ride on the two lane down to a little town north of here. The road parallels the Rio Grande river and usually I get quite a few bugs. Tonight I caught no bugs... none, nada, nil, zero, zilch. The bike and windshield are as clean as they were before I left. That's a nice bonus riding this time of year. Ya gotta love that.

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
I rode from Helena to Great Falls and back today - between 35-55 degrees. I had bugs all over the front of my bike. I didn't expect that.

Still it was an enjoyable ride. 8)

·
Registered
123 Posts
That is right, about the bugs. I left Houston Friday and went
to Ft Worth and back Saturday. I never washed the bike.
Little chilly though not too bad. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bugs in Montana this time of year? Wow, usually the first overnight freeze knocks them out. Tough bugs up there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Do ya think the bugs just like gold better than red. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
EX-HUNK said:
Do ya think the bugs just like gold better than red. :lol: :lol:
Yeah, even bugs know what the best color is! :p

Yeah, and it was kinda windy too. Oh well, I got them cleaned off now. :)

·
Registered
826 Posts
Hardway said:
Bugs in Montana this time of year? Wow, usually the first overnight freeze knocks them out. Tough bugs up there.
More evidence of global warming??? :?

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Terpen said:
Hardway said:
More evidence of global warming??? :?
Could be. See, there's a good side to it! :D I'm a "glass half full" kind of guy. 8)

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Hardway,

Which little town North of Albuquerque did you ride to ?? I rode up to Durango today from Aztec,NM

Got cold after the sun set coming back.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yep, it was a beautiful day out today. I came home to Albuquerque today from Show Low, AZ. Spent the last week riding around SE Arizona, a few days in Tucson, and a few days in Phoenix. Today I rode through Quemado, Pie Town, Datil, Magdalena, and Socorro. :D

·
Registered
585 Posts

No bugs here either!!! Supposed to be 55 degrees on Thanksgiving :biker:

·
Registered
931 Posts
I agree. No bugs. But up here in NW Indiana, we have lots of deer running around on the rut. I don't recall EVER seeing so many dead deer on the side of the roads up here, even in urban areas where deer typically aren't.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
500 miles over the weekend in the North Georgia Mountains.

Great time of the year to ride! No or very little vegetation allows a much better view of the countryside up there. Less traffic after the leaves are gone, cooler weather gives the big girl a little more muscle and the electrics keep me toasty warm.

Does life get any better?

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
KA7W, just a quick roundtrip to Bernalillo via the back road along the alfalfa fields and through the reservation. I worked all weekend on sanding and re-staining my redwood sunroom and I just had to ride when I finished, so I took the quick ride about 5pm.

The round trip to Durango from Aztec is a nice 80 mile ride. I'll bet you have ridden that road hundreds of times and you never get bored with it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts