GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
Looks to me like the trailer separated from the car. I can't tell if that was a swivel hitch or not, but it does not look like it to me. Of course as usual I could be wrong. :lol:

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
I don't think the trailer is connected to the car any longer.It looks as if the trailer either came off the ball possibly before the accident or because of the accident. The amount of force applied to the ball to tear the trailer off if it was secured correctly would surely be enough to put a bike on its side. Not knowing the above circumstances I'd have to say "operator error " until it was proved otherwise.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I downloaded it and then zoomed in on the hitch. It is not a swivel hitch!

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was kidding!!! All of you caught on real quick. I guess the joke is on me. LOL's

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
That is the all new hitchless swivel. :D

I also downloaded and zoomed in on the hitch. You are looking at a conventional ball and coupler that has come uncoupled. The ball is hard to see because it is black.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Looks like a narrow, 2 bike trailer that was loaded with one bike. It looks top heavy too, for such a narrow trailer. Falls into the DOH! category.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Swivel Hitch

I did the same thing.Downloaded and zoomed.This is why I tow a Bustec with a built in swivel hitch.100,000 miles plus without a Hitch[/u ]Pun![/b]

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
And thats another reason to ride it - not tow it.

Also, use heavy trailer wiring.......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts