GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:fullsize:
58933_440914907957_806862957_5009230_2765284_n.jpg

This what I did yesterday for the first 2.5 hours of my Flight Medic shift. We flew this flag over four 9-11 ceremonies and when we were in between fly-overs we flew up and down the beach and several highways. It was an honor to be part of this mission. To see everyone waving, saluting and placing their hands over their hearts was a feeling that was indescribable. You can see me in the photo peering out the door.

If you look close at the tail number you can see a connection to the attacks. It is 911US. This was a special request as we bought the helicopter in November of 2001 when the attacks were fresh on everyone's mind. The photo was taken by my good friend Bob Pickering.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
:thumbup:

·
UBposting IBchatting
1,018 Posts
Very cool, Roy.

·
lightley seasoned member
3,081 Posts
Nice...and thank you

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Outstanding!

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
That's great!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:thumbup:So is that your new ride Roy
Actually HJ, your not far off. This is my new assignment at work for 12 of my 24 hour shift. It also helped move my passion from riding to flying. Now I am focused on getting my finances right to get my private pilots license.

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Actually HJ, your not far off. This is my new assignment at work for 12 of my 24 hour shift. It also helped move my passion from riding to flying. Now I am focused on getting my finances right to get my private pilots license.
Stay after the Pilots License :yes1: & Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts

You will enjoy it, flew for about 10 years in the 70s and 80s. It was fun til the money ran out.
Thanks for flying the colors that don't run.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
That totally rocks Roy!! Enjoy it!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts