GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled into a Citgo station in Baldwinsville, New York this morning and went inside to use the rest room. There was a big sign on the door that read "OUT OF ORDER." I said to the guy, "...oh, no rest room HUH?" He said, "....it's okay go ahead, we just put that sign up so people won't use it."

Have you ever had one of those times when you could just not think of anything the say. That is very rare for me, indeed. :shock:

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Welcome to NY :oops: we do things a little "differant" :lol:

I never go to Citgo Gas stations, They are run by the Venezuelan Goverment.

But thats just me :roll: :cry:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I understand their logic completely. They simply don't want non-paying customers scumming up the property, and you wouldn't either!!

Great reply salyzyn - sounds like you're a real nice guy!! :roll:

·
Registered
700 Posts
I would rather push my Goldwing than buy one ounce of fuel from Citgo. Citgo is a wholly owned company by the country of Venezuela. The President of Venezuela is a very outspoken critic of the US and all our policies, a buddy of Castro, Iran and the Palastinians. Chavez would like nothing better than to stick his fuel up our a__ at the highest price possible to fund his communist agendas.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
J-mac said:
Welcome to NY :oops: we do things a little "differant" :lol:

I never go to Citgo Gas stations, They are run by the Venezuelan Goverment.

But thats just me :roll: :cry:
Hmmm... Boycott a company headquartered in Houston that employs 4,000 Americans here and supplies over 14,000 independent dealers here in the US because they're owned by a foreign democracy with a president who won his country's popular vote?

Who are you looking to hurt here? Last word I heard was that there are plenty of places to sell petroleum products besides the US. As a nation, we are encouraging other nations to sell to us. I wonder what country in the Middle East you're helping out with this boycott???

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
Native New Yawkers can't read and ignore the sign. Out a state tourists are fooled and defacate by the dumspter out back.

·
Registered
146 Posts
bushtec said:
I would rather push my Goldwing than buy one ounce of fuel from Citgo. Citgo is a wholly owned company by the country of Venezuela. The President of Venezuela is a very outspoken critic of the US and all our policies, a buddy of Castro, Iran and the Palastinians. Chavez would like nothing better than to stick his fuel up our a__ at the highest price possible to fund his communist agendas.
I think he's doing it at the lowest possible price. Last night I noticed most of the Citgo's in town were selling gas at $2.48-$2.49 a gallon while everyone else was at $2.69 and up. Go figure.

G

·
Is Marathon an American company? I don't know. But I love living in SW Ohio. This morning Marathon in Fairfield is $1.98/gal. :D

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
its nice to have ideas and standards on whom to buy gas from, but i think every oil company could be found to have fault , somewhere

then

remember japan gave our submarine prop secrets to the russians, so now some folks cant buy a honda

and japan and germany caused us a little issue back in the 1940s, so we cant hondas, or bmws

it could go on and on

i buy gas at the cleanest looking station, at the exit when i need some, hopefuly they have a pot to pea in and a drink avaible with the fuel

·
Registered
186 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, Citgo, a Venezuelan company, stopped exporting gasoline to the United States a few months ago. A friend of mine works for 7-Eleven in their corporate office and they had to find another vender. Here in Texas, none of the stores have Citgo signage anymore. They have replaced them with 7-Eleven gas signs and sandwich signs.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Stop buying from Citgo? Seems Citgo around me has lower prices than a lot of the other stations. Now there is a LukOil here in Jersey. I was told it is a Russian owned company. Until we get ALL our fuel etc from the US and none from overseas, we are at their mercy.......

·
Registered
214 Posts
When you knowlingly help finance a person that has expresssed his desire to kill you or bankrupt the country you llive in you deserve everything you get. Cheveze has done that. I don't think I would support
him for a few cents a gallon, but on the other hand that's the mentality of
some in the good old USA.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Is there more bitterness in the world, or is it just me getting older? At the root of most problems is greed.

We have a long battle up a long hill with the crop of Hate Americans in other countries who were not alive to see how the Americans help defend their freedom half a century ago.

When I saw the video of the Moslem woman praising the small child for her recitation of kill American rhetoric, it caused me to be ill because I do not know how you can get that kill attitude out of the brain when it is planted at that age.

I believe America in part has gone soft and not willing to do the extra effort to keep it strong and free.

How many of us want to devise ways to get out of work so we can sit in airconditioned comfort and let another country's citizens do the work?

I do not know of any non producing company that contributes anything to the country's GNP.

How many people in your neighborhood are making motorcycles, airplanes, cars, toasters, washing machines, computer chips, etc., and how many are selling insurance, practicing law, trading stocks, etc.?

If we do not know how this works in the long term, we will end up polishing the shoes of those who now work hard making things for a reasonable wage, in another country while we are busy shuffling paper, or nowdays, bytes.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mr.b said:
I understand their logic completely. They simply don't want non-paying customers scumming up the property, and you wouldn't either!!

Great reply salyzyn - sounds like you're a real nice guy!! :roll:
Gee, I don't think I was going to Scum up the property. I am a pretty clean guy. If you don't buy something, do you scum up the property :roll:

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Wingriderz said:
We have Arco gas stations here and around some of the western states. I was running low on fuel (vapors) a few weeks ago and pulled into one (I have never stopped at one because they have always added ethanol) and to my dismay, if you pay with a CC, you have to walk over to their CC island and remember what pump # your at, after swiping the card, they ask you for a PIN #, most gas stations now will ask you for your Zip code when paying by CC (A good thing). Well, I guess you have to request a Arco PIN # somehow because no # I put in would work. What a joke.

I left and found a Shell up the road for about .05 more a gallon.
ARCO doesn't accept Credit Cards, only Debit Cards (thus the PIN requirement). Also, check out the small print on the ARCO Card Swipe machine thingie. They charge you $0.35 every time you use your debit card. There goes the savings!

I've stuck to Chevron and Shell. I'm sure I'm financing some Ayatollah's regime or something regardless of which Oil Company I do business with. With today's world economy you can't help but donate to your enemy in some roundabout way.

Oh, and on a more ridiculous note.... when pulling into a gas station usually the first thing I do is make sure their restroom is usable. If not, I look for another gas station. If I see a sign on the door I don't enquire with the attendant... I just move on. Their loss.... unless I'm in the middle of Desperation, Nevada.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
bushtec said:
Good on-ya mate! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I don't buy from Citgo either.........same reason.

I am not too worried about Houston. They can afford to take in a gazillion criminals from New Orleans then they can lose 4k jobs.

BTW, I have been to Houston a few times in the last year and 4k off the freeways can't hurt............. :shock:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.