GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled on this on YouTube. Now I want one to go in my trailer. These tents are from Australia. Don't know the cost. Don't know about shipping from Down Under, but you've got to see this!

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Pretty cool tent but pricey. The AT6, 6 man is $1100 Australian which converts to around $900 US.

·
motorcycle cowboy
2013 GL1800
979 Posts

·
Registered
3,551 Posts

·
Vendor
18,992 Posts
About 3 years ago, someone posted a small pull around trailer with the same sort of the same system on it. Something happened to the company and doing a google search is nearly impossible.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is the Kelty version. Way cheeper, but looks a bit slower.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
We carry one of these, a 10'x14' 8 man Coleman Instant Tent. Got it & the rainfly for $188 from Amazon just recently. This was our camping upgrade for the year from the 9'x10' 6 man version of the same tent.
We can set either one up & have it staked out in less than 2 minutes. Have been very pleased with the 6 man for the past 4 years & fully expect to enjoy the additional 50 sq. ft. with the 8 man for years to come.
It really does take a lot of the stress out of camping when the set up & tear down can be done in under 5 minutes total. We camp more often & see more places.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSFfJAV4lfI

·
Registered
451 Posts
I stumbled on this on YouTube. Now I want one to go in my trailer. These tents are from Australia. Don't know the cost. Don't know about shipping from Down Under, but you've got to see this!

The 4 person tent is US$480. (Retail - probably searching Google or Ebay, could possibly find it less expensive.)

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
A hand pump inflated tent! Cool idea!
I like camping and I would consider something like this, but my wive insists on a credit card inflated hotel room.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
A hand pump inflated tent! Cool idea!
I like camping and I would consider something like this, but my wive insists on a credit card inflated hotel room.

Mine thinks camping means anything with fewer than three stars or diamonds. :lol:

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It looks like the Coleman is the winner as fastest to setup (under one minute) and least expensive. I do wonder about it not having a built in fly, but they say it works. I'd love to have one of these in the trailer--just in case.

Thanks for sharing, Mr. Whiskey. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
You're welcome CC. The only thing we didn't like about it was having to buy the fly separate. I see on their site now they call it an Instant Cabin, & it comes fly included. For the price though, I jus' bought the older discontinued model & the fly on Amazon. Came out way cheaper & I like the darker colors anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts