GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put about 400-500 miles on the Wing ... all with no suncreen. My face is red because it was sunny and in the 80's.I hope that the conditions improve soon.

·
Registered
201 Posts
:eek:Wow, I have no response..........

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
My face is red because I was out blowing 1.3 miles of snow in 5 degree weather with 20 mph winds. As long as that snow is not piling up on top of me I won't complain.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
its texas so i really do feel sorry for ya!:nojoke::nojoke::nojoke:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Weather troubles

In the summer, when it is hot and humid, I will still be riding, but I will have my sunscreen ! I put my sunscreen in winter storage; what was I thinking?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
In the summer, when it is hot and humid, I will still be riding, but I will have my sunscreen ! I put my sunscreen in winter storage; what was I thinking?
Dale, you know there is only about 3 days of winter in Corpus!!;)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yeaaa, I haven't been able to put my keys down for a couple of weeks now. Riiide it to work, riiide it to play, riiiide it to get groceries and to the gym. Somebody HELP me... I'm getting spoiled here! :eek:4:

(Although I'd much rather have your summer temps

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, sure, we have a little rain and snow. But we never have to deal with THIS: http://www.nws.noaa.gov/os/tropical/hazards/crp_tor.htm

Yes, those storms are a real pain. Last summer (june or july) I road to Ruidoso to pick up a Bunkhoue I had bought. It rained ( some Tropical Storm or Hurricane) on us almost the entire way up there. We left to come back home as the dang remnants were moving in. Ruidoso got pounded that day and the next and all the bridges in town were wiped out.
Two years ago I left Corpus for Amarillo on a thursday as a tropical storm came ashore. I got pounded hard for several hours until I reached Marble Falls and spent the night. The next day it rained off and on until I made it to my daughters place in Amarillo. Sunday, I left for home at 5:15 am . It rained for over 600 miles. I finally broke into the clear south of Pleasanton. Oh well, at least I got to ride!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts