GL1800Riders Forums banner

This would be a nice ride

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Douglas 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I guess Yellow Wolf wasn't doing the filming.
Cool Vid though

#3 ·
That would be some kind of ride wouldnlt it? Did you notice how narrow the road was and that there was no center line?
I'll bet there has been a few Goldwing on that ride. I surprised to have only seen one Goldwing on that ride.

#6 ·
I wasn't too impressed with their riding skill. Many times they swung wide into the other lane and had to bring the bike back. Other times they went into blind curves riding in the other lane. I know that sometimes they did it intentially on open parts of the road, but at other times they were not in control of where the bikes were going.

#7 ·
Looks like a great mc road. Suprised there is so little elevation change. Iwonder if the posters catch as much flak from their buddies about not staying under the posted speed as our members do. Looks sort of like a longer, narrower Deal's Gap with sharper edges.

#8 ·
Iwonder if the posters catch as much flak from their buddies about not staying under the posted speed as our members do
Sid, I hope you weren't referring to my post. I have no problem with riding fast and hard. I just think they were riding beyond their abilities. They made a lot of out of control mistakes that could have been disasterous. That is the kind of riding that gets you killed.

#9 ·
The elevation went from 2094? meters to 300 +/-meters.
That pass is really pretty straight (relativly speaking) but a good video none the less.

If you're interested in the Alps here is a good site
http://www.alpineroads.com/
Good links too.
BTW, my lady took a number of the pictures on the Alpine Roads after we hooked up with Tim & Martin. Really good guys.

Another thing, over in Europe, rather than waving, the riders will drop their left leg....you get to keep both hands on the bars. We've been doing that here ever since.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.