GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...was planning to ride up to knoxville tomorrow just to see what's what. Well with the storms that are in forcast I am thinking of just caging it with my daughter...

Here are my questions;

She is 11...do I have to pay 22.00 bucks for her?

I don't want to get up there and there onliy be a few vendors...is there a good amount there?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Ok...was planning to ride up to knoxville tomorrow just to see what's what. Well with the storms that are in forcast I am thinking of just caging it with my daughter...

Here are my questions;

She is 11...do I have to pay 22.00 bucks for her?

I don't want to get up there and there onliy be a few vendors...is there a good amount there?

Thanks
Not sure what the fee is anymore but prepare to pay for her, also there are usuallly lots of venders most not motorcycle related anymore the one who are usually don't discount much if any...fun to go if you have never been after that its nothing new.....

·
Registered
201 Posts
Children under 15 admitted FREE, the last list of vendors I saw shows a good many. From what I have heard, it is really packed into the civic center with the vendor area and all the people.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks...I hate to cage it but....oh well...I guess we'll head on up there in the morning...

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
There are lot there and a lot of stuff to look thru, picked up a few things I needed, I just went for the vendors and was satisfied with what I saw.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Unless

You're intending to have an accessory installed, why not cage it? More convenient, less stress finding the way around, etc.

Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
$15.00 for GWRRA member,$22.00 for non member. I left my card on the bike and the lady let me in for the $15.00.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Waaayyyy too much.... It's the most expensive shopping ticket for this kind of thing.. Especially if all your going to do is a little shopping..

How much would it cost to get in just to look at the vendors for the day?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well my daughter and I wing ding'd it today. We spent prob. close to five hours looking around, talking to people and such...So here are my impressions:

1) I can't think of one non-vendor that was rude or out of the way..seemed liked everyone was having a good time.

2) It was interesting walking around a convention center and having to keep your whits about you so you don't get run over by a GW...:eek:4:

3) 99% of the vendors were pleasent and non pushy.

4) and really my only thing that kinda made me a bit confused...I was going to buy a clutch resevior cell phone/ipod holder from Karyakan (sp) and the guy didn't want to sell it to me say, " I don't really want to be responsible for your electronics. There's a guy over there selling a simular product." hmm you would have thought..

Over all glad my daughter and I went...

Kevin

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Charging to shop at a vendors area is way over board. Since all the vendors pay top dollar to be there and everyone of those either offer discounts or something that they are selling., as a door prize. Just another money hungry organization I see.

I have been to one and will NEVER spend another dime getting in to see the vendors. Wing-Ding just didn't do it for me. I don't like dressing like a clown or look alike with pins that hang down to my knees.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Charging to shop at a vendors area is way over board. Since all the vendors pay top dollar to be there and everyone of those either offer discounts or something that they are selling., as a door prize. Just another money hungry organization I see.

I have been to one and will NEVER spend another dime getting in to see the vendors. Wing-Ding just didn't do it for me. I don't like dressing like a clown or look alike with pins that hang down to my knees.
:eek:4::eek:4::coffee1:

·
Registered
409 Posts

:agree: :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Seems like the last time I checked in with life it was: "To each his/her own". I have lots of good rider friends who are GWRRA folks. I have lots of good rider friends who have never heard of GWRRA. The really sad people are those who are so closed minded they can't see beyond their prejudices.

But no one said all of us have to be equally fair-minded. And every one has the right to their opinion, no matter how lame they demonstrate it to be.

It really is enjoyable to be nice to everyone, and it is completely free!! It also doesn't cost anything to be a name calling jerk. Everyone has choices.

·
Banned
2,340 Posts
Seems like the last time I checked in with life it was: "To each his/her own". I have lots of good rider friends who are GWRRA folks. I have lots of good rider friends who have never heard of GWRRA. The really sad people are those who are so closed minded they can't see beyond their prejudices.

But no one said all of us have to be equally fair-minded. And every one has the right to their opinion, no matter how lame they demonstrate it to be.

It really is enjoyable to be nice to everyone, and it is completely free!! It also doesn't cost anything to be a name calling jerk. Everyone has choices.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Now, now Fred, from reading your posts in the thread about EC I know YOU aren't prejudice and closed minded. You seem to be such a happy guy!

Oh, and Fred, LOL

·
Registered
19,990 Posts

I'm not sure that opinion will be a popular one, but I agree with you, to a point.

I don't have a problem with paying a token fee to get into a venue that is hosting an event. They have costs too. But more often than not with motorcycle rallies nowadays, the fees have become unreasonable.

But like many other things, they charge what the market will bear. As long as the venues are getting packed, and the vendors keep paying their equally outrageous fees, the prices will continue to rise.

Criss and I went to a couple of them and paid the overpriced fees, but once the novelty wore off, we were done. I enjoy going through the vendor expos at rallies, and would do it more often. But the thought of throwing away $22 per person, or even $15, just for the right to visit vendors, doesn't sit right with us.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts