GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Zanotti's in Butler, PA is a multi bike dealer, including both Harley and Honda, then Yamaha, and huge assortment of golf carts. He's probably the best dealer in our area!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thiels Wheels in Sandusky,Ohio is the same way. They sell and service all makes and models.

·
Banned
4,623 Posts

I live 40 miles from that store, ride in their on your Goldwing and get the coldest shoulder ever .. I understand they got the Honda dealership but just do not try to sell anything but HD ..

If you are in the Abilene area and need anything, Go to Max's, Honda, Kawasaki and something else . They go out of their way for you and really appreciate parking your Goldwing in their parking lot !!

JMHO :cool:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Battley's in Gaithersburg, MD, too. HD, BMW, Yamaha, Ducati, and Bimota.
They actually have a Bimota Tesi 3d on the floor; what an incredible bike.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Some diversification eh? I wouldn't mind, HD dealerships are very plush with over the top customer service and extensive accessory departments. Probably because of there larger profit margin. Maybe it would carry over to other brands.

S

·
0 Posts
When I worked for HD they also sold Yamaha. This was in the 70's but since then HD became power hungry and decied to dictate the HD shops be 100% HD with no mixed brands allowed. They actually threatened existing shop owners with pulling their dealerships if they opted to sell other brands (especially EH in the late 90's)
Since then they have been sued and also figured more people will walk through the doors if the allow more to see than the one bike they make. So now motorcycles, ATV's and Garden tillers all coexist nicely. ;)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Honda, HD, and Suzuki dealer in Roswell, NM. Nice people, but I've never bought anything but farkels there.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts

I live 40 miles from that store, ride in their on your Goldwing and get the coldest shoulder ever .. I understand they got the Honda dealership but just do not try to sell anything but HD ..

If you are in the Abilene area and need anything, Go to Max's, Honda, Kawasaki and something else . They go out of their way for you and really appreciate parking your Goldwing in their parking lot !!

JMHO :cool:

Unless you are on a Trike, then they don't want to talk to you :shock: :shock: :wrong:

The HD combo shop is mainly ATV's in the Honda line.

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Were you talking about the tornado in the background of the second picture? That is awsome. Great picture.

·
Registered
931 Posts
A few years ago the local H-D/Buell dealer (Munster, IN) wanted to add a scooter line -- as an entry level play. I don't know if H-D forbid him outright but they were not supportive of such a move. H-D didn't want him giving up floor space. At any rate, he never did it.

The relatively new Michigan City H-D dealer is also a Honda dealer. Even though under one roof, there is literally a brick wall between the two brands. You need to walk outside and go into a separate door to shop the other brand. The service department, however, is one big happy family!

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
It makes perfect sense to me: They want to sell the best bikes AND lots of t-shirts.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Were you talking about the tornado in the background of the second picture? That is awsome. Great picture.

Ugh? Well gotta admit that one is a little photoshop action. Was playing around and it ended up in the collection.

Still looks pretty cool though???:oops:

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
I was sort of wondering why no one looked concerned. I think I would be on the bike and heading out at a high rate of speed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts