GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We in Wisconsin have some really good RTE's but one draw back is the RTE Locations are always buried in a post that might have been posted years ago....What is the groups thoughts on creating a stick note post where only the name and address of RTEs would be listed so that as people from Wisconsin or those that visit us can look up a RTE and visit that restaurant when they are out riding in Wisconsin? Thoughts....?....We could add in neat locations to also visit...?

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
We in Wisconsin have some really good RTE's but one draw back is the RTE Locations are always buried in a post that might have been posted years ago....What is the groups thoughts on creating a stick note post where only the name and address of RTEs would be listed so that as people from Wisconsin or those that visit us can look up a RTE and visit that restaurant when they are out riding in Wisconsin? Thoughts....?....We could add in neat locations to also visit...?
That would be great ! Are you volunteering ?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be great ! Are you volunteering ?
Jwen...how did you create the sticky note...I would be willing to get it going....

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Jwen...how did you create the sticky note...I would be willing to get it going....
Contact Bartman he can do a sticky for ya .
Word of suggestion keep it simple as possible .
Thanks this directory of Eating establishments would be handy .

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
As Randy said. Only an administrator can do it.

He is also the one that does the events calendar.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
But for guys like me how do you find it??

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GW Kevin,

Sorry...didn't mean to steal the show....what I will do is talk with the admin's and get a sticky note and transfer your information/thread to the sticky note....

....what my thoughts were is to create the sticky note into 4 regions NW / NE / SW / SE Wisconsin with an out of state section...that way one can go to a particular section based on where they are going in the state...

I will give a layout later this week...

Thanks...

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
GW Kevin,

Sorry...didn't mean to steal the show....what I will do is talk with the admin's and get a sticky note and transfer your information/thread to the sticky note....

....what my thoughts were is to create the sticky note into 4 regions NW / NE / SW / SE Wisconsin with an out of state section...that way one can go to a particular section based on where they are going in the state...

I will give a layout later this week...

Thanks...
No worries,Thats why I made that, for the people to go to and find the place.:thumbup: You have a Great idea.!

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
But for guys like me how do you find it??
If using Sarah's IPad touch the red highlighted link letters with right index finger :nojoke::thumbup: while sitting a little to the left .

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
If using Sarah's IPad touch the red highlighted link letters with right index finger :nojoke::thumbup: while sitting a little to the left .
Sometimes ya just really make me giggle:joke:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
When this tread gets the labrider touc,h I will post more places to eat in Wi. than you all can ever imagine .
30 plus years of ridng around Wi. eating will amaze ya . Sadly some really really good ones are long gone , like Edgetown bar here in Marshfield , best burgers I ever had hands down .

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Layout - Give Feed Back

Here is a template of what I was thinking for the RTE library......Give feedback....once looked over I will contact admin to create a sticky note....as people send in food places I will place them in the correct quadrant of the state and make a running list of restaurants...

Question: Do you like the idea of organizing them per quadrant in state or would you prefer one long list in alphabetical order...if alphabetical by name or city...?

Let me know your thoughts...

Sample of Fill In Blanks

Name:....................Sample Restaurant
RTE Type:..............Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner / Dessert (write in one or all)
Typical Food:.........Burgers / Eggs / Pizza / Steaks / Cream Buffs / Ice Cream (write in one or all)
Known For:............1 Pound Ice Cream Cones (keep it simple)
Hours Open:...........7am – 8pm
Address:................1234 Honda Lane
..............................Milwaukee, WI 53001
Wis. Quadrant:......NW / NE / SW / SE / Central (don't fill in...this will be filled in when we organize the listing)

Copy, Paste and Fill In Blanks (Fill in much of it you know)

Name:....................
RTE Type:..............
Typical Food:.........
Known For:............
Hours Open:...........
Address:................
Wis. Quadrant:......

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
If by quadrant, are we able to look things up by quad first and then by alpha? if not, I would stick with alpha for WI. the problem is we may know the name or part of a name (stone) but not the area or not the whole name.

if you can add the quadrant as well, that does help if one is just browsing the list. even if that is just an addon to the listing itself, it would help rule out/narrow down.

Not sure what is capable, but if there are more search possibilities, type of food. IE, Dessert place. Bar food. Hole in the wall café etc...

dave

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It would be nice if you could have a place for there website. That way people can actually look on the website for info the sticky note might not tell:shrug:

Added....

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
After some thought , quadrant makes sense to me . If your riding to an area it would be cool to see what's a available easily . Just my 2 cents . Anything is better than nothing . Thanks for doing this BTW .

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have not forgotten about the RTE sticky note...I am creating a PDF file that any one can open and search for a place or city or food type...hope to release next week wednesday...I will place the pdf on my business website...but have a link from a sticky note.....talk later...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts