GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just looked at a used CB radio for Goldwing. It is dated 05 and has the number 101 on it. The man who has it just got it back from having it tested, it tests fine. It needs 3 inline filters and of course an Antenna. He needs $300.00 for it. He was told the inline filters run about 150.00 plus the cost of the antenna. What do you guys think, how much is a new one and does it come with the filters & Antenna? He traded Trikes and his new one has a CB and he says he will guarantee it. :shrug:

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
$300.00 is a great price, I wouldn't worry about the filters, the only one
I ever put on is the one on the fuel pump because it is right there when you take the seat off. The antenna is under $100.00. I have the 2 other filters from the CB, I bought for my 08, they are for the fans, If you need then I will sell them to you for a lot less than what he said they cost.

·
Registered
20,954 Posts
if he is going to gaurantee the CB i'd say its a great deal, i wouldn't worry about the filters but if u really think u need them get the used ones for way less money

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
$300 for a -101? BUY IT. It is a bargain if it works. If it doesn't work, it seems like he'll give you your money back. And you can get the filters for a lot less than $50 apiece.

If you decide not to buy it, I will!

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
If you can verfiy that the unit is working - Buy it- But my advise is to avoid it, yes saying you will get your money back is one thing--however we all know getting it back is something different.

Run away-as far as the filters go, you may need them and then again you may not-Not everone's GL1800 is the excat same when it comes to that.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Don't get a CB. Saves you money and you wont kick yourself later. JMHO

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Cb yes
filters no

·
Registered
192 Posts
CB; YES!
Filters; NO!
CB is Honda priced, so go for the low cost one if you are comfortable with the person you are dealing with. Filters are as required, you may find you don't need them, and if you do they can be bought for much less than $50.00 per.
If you decide to pass on CB; GIVE ME CALL; I'll get through the filter/antenna thing ;)

JMO:
Rick

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Dont forget...if you dont have head sets already the CB is worthless. That's another cost you need to figure in.

Mark

·
Banned
1,034 Posts
The CB is a bargain if it works and apparently it does. The filters can be made by yourself for about $8 apiece and you will only likely need the one for the fuel guage. The antenna cost will depend on whether you buy the cheap Chinese one (abt $79) or the Honda one for about $129. After replacing many of the Chinese versions, I would certainly opt for the Hondaline antenna from Hal. You get what you pay for...YMMV

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
There are 2 of them required.
Honda Fan Motor Noise Filter. Replacement Component for Honda CB Radio. FREE SHIPPING 08E95-MCA-10012

Replacement Component for Honda CB Radio.​

Part #: HO-8859613
Retail Price: $41.75​

Price: $35.95

1 - 12 of 12 Posts