GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on Traxxion Dynamics’ web site reviewing their suspension products. A complete system for the GL1800 appears to be about $3,000.00. I am wondering if I would notice a significant suspension/handling difference/improvement on my 2010 GL1800 for the money. Any thoughts.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Oh you will fell the difference But in your mind and riding skills is 3,000 bucks worth it :shrug: You can upgrade your suspension for a lot less and be very happy with it and have a ton of money left over for gas :yes1:.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try a search - you'll have more infor than you can handle.
I did but unless I did something wrong I really didn't see much other than info about Trikes.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
The best thing for you to do is.....

Take the 100 mile ride down to Woodstock, GA and take their "mega monty" demo bike for a test ride. That will provide you a much better answer than we could ever give.

No obligation to purchase, but if you do and are not satisfied...100% refund.

Have Mike/Dan give you a tour of the facility...see/ask/decide.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
814 Posts
At 28K I just did the Traxxion springs, Traxxion shock on the back and they also disabled the anti-dive. I also installed a fork brace but not the Traxxion one. Big difference just in doing this. I can only imagine what the full monty will do - I didn't have the budget for it but if I did, that's the way I would have gone. I rode the demo bike at Traxxion in Woodstock and it was a HUGE difference over stock.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Take the 100 mile ride down to Woodstock, GA and take their "mega monty" demo bike for a test ride. That will provide you a much better answer than we could ever give.

Thanks for the input. Woodstocks not too far from me.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
It's only $750 more to go for the complete Traxxion fork solution ($1,100 vs $350) over the spring and valve combo by Racetech. The Traxxion rear shock is $50 less.
If you want to shell shock your wallet investigate a sport bike fork upgrade by Ohlin. After all the dollars for chrome do-dads & lights spent by many Wingers.... suspension upgrades look almost ...........cheap!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Traxxion Triple Clamps

I will tell you that the biggest difference came after I already had the full monty and then added the Traxxxion aluminum billet milled tripple clamps.

Stunning change. Even if you go Race Tech, I'd order the Traxxion triple clamps. The Traxxion guys will even tell you that the main improvement here comes from just adding the lower triple clamp, but the top one "looks nice" so you can save money by just getting the bottom one. I cannot believe how much more planted I feel in bumpy turns or braking situations. Unbelievable improvement. Get the Traxxion fork brace at the same time.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Slowdog,
Since Wing handlebars are solid mounted on the forks vs rubber mounted on other bikes..... do you feel more "vibe" thru the bars with the stiffer clamps?

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Before spending the $3,000 I would find a 2012 to ride. Trading in a nice 2010 for a 2012 would cost more than $3,000, but probably not by a lot. Goldwings have great resale value.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
It is a misconception that only those who ride aggressively benefit from Traxxion. I noticed a difference just loping down the highway. It soaks up the bumps and uneven road surfaces. Now the question is will I ever own another bike without it.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I rode a Traxxion equipped bike for about a half a tank of gas in the mountains, and I wouldn't purchase it if it was less than a thousand dollars. I actually preferred mine, with only a spring upgrade and all balls bearings.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Slowdog,
Since Wing handlebars are solid mounted on the forks vs rubber mounted on other bikes..... do you feel more "vibe" thru the bars with the stiffer clamps?
I did not notice any problem, and I set off west and then back to DC for about 5000 miles straight out of the Traxxion parking lot the second half of May. I was riding for about two weeks.

This summer I find my right hand going to sleep on me sometimes on rides, but it happens riding the LaZboy too, so I don't blame the new clamps.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Have Traxxion Mega-monte on my 09 ABS - put on about 18K miles ago. Very pleased - would do it again on day one. :bow::thumbup:

·
Registered
21,134 Posts
I rode a Traxxion equipped bike for about a half a tank of gas in the mountains, and I wouldn't purchase it if it was less than a thousand dollars. I actually preferred mine, with only a spring upgrade and all balls bearings.
ok what is better with your setup ?

·
Registered
9,391 Posts

I agree. :agree:

·
Registered
507 Posts
Pm sent

1 - 20 of 31 Posts