GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IS ANYONE ELSE GOING NUTS LISTENING TO THE SAME THING EVERY TIME YOU CLICK ON A THREAD? THE OLD AD WAS MAKING ME HATE ARKANSAS! THEY ARE WEARING ME OUT!:cry:

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
Music? This site has music? Sorry...never heard it.

Get some decent ad blocking / spyware blocking anti-virus software and you'll enjoy the Internet a lot more IMO.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I believe if you are on the forum as a guest you will hear the advertising as you describe. If you sign in to the forum as a member the Arkansas Advertising will not be there. It worked for me.

·
Registered
657 Posts
IS ANYONE ELSE GOING NUTS LISTENING TO THE SAME THING EVERY TIME YOU CLICK ON A THREAD? THE OLD AD WAS MAKING ME HATE ARKANSAS! THEY ARE WEARING ME OUT!:cry:
Stop the music and come ride AR. Some of the best rides are in AR.
Visit soon.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
No music here? :shrug:

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
I don't get any music either.
Oh, wait, my volume is turned down.
Ok, I turned it up. Still no music, but I do hear voices.:shock:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Bad ad music

Seems as though signing in will stop it. But I don't always sign, wonder why they need to have irritating music for folks only wanting to read.

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
Seems as though signing in will stop it. But I don't always sign, wonder why they need to have irritating music for folks only wanting to read.
I suppose it's one way to drive up new forum member sign ups.:lol:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Click on a thread for music? I here it all day whether I'm on the computer or not!:joke:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I think if you are logged in, you don't get the ads. Is that right?
That seems to be the case. When not logged in, I was getting the ads, first for Allstate, then for Progressive (who's next... maybe GEICO? :lol: ). The Allstate ad has an intro that appears to be targeted for the under-26/living-in-parents' basement/pajama boi :shock: crowd. I posted about this in the OTE section, viewing it as positive reinforcement. :joke:

Seems that creativity in advertising has long disappeared from the media.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I'd like to know when advertising went from "Here's something you might want" to "Here's something to totally annoy you and steal your computer time". How do these fools think that the more annoying they are, the more you will patronize them. When an advertiser pisses me off I remember them, and I never patronize them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts