GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode my motorcycle yesterday and took some great photos of the fall colors in Colorado. I wanted to post about this, but also wanted to include a second paragraph with a good bit of information for riders who might be coming to Colorado to see the fall colors. I also included several Black Bear photos that I took at my house before heading out on my ride. Again, this was included as information that riders and visitors to Colorado might find interesting and let them know some of the places and sights that they might see.

Somehow, one of our board members did not seem to like this post being on the General Board as it did not include enough motorcycle information. Although there was lots of good information posted in replies by a number of our members, I deleted the entire thread as the individual complaining continually ignored the riding information and his posts continued to take the thread away from its original intent (which he just did not seem to understand as it did not meet his understanding). After numerous of his posts, along with some disparging remarks about one of the reply posters southern heritage, I simply deleted the entire thread. I hope that this individual is very happy as he definitely did not make my day and wasted my time, although my only goal was to share useful information. You know, he could have just ignored it vs trying to tell everyone what they can and can't do on a forum. They obviously know more than any of the rest of us. I'm just very tired of these individuals.

Oh, I think I will go for another motorcycle ride. That will be much better for my health than posts from some of these individuals.

·
lightley seasoned member
3,081 Posts
It's sad how one negative pr*ck can ruin a good thread. Keep the photos coming, I don't get to ride Colorado as often as I would like...

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
This John Cooper character has been a nosebleed around here for most of his posts. Pay no attention to him. We all knew someone like this when we were younger. Was always the last person picked for some game and was always whining about someone or something. He was always the kid we would much rather have buried in the sandbox than actually played with. Note to Mr. Cooper, marry, as in matrimony, is spelled with two r's just for your info. Before you get all hopped up to criticize someone you should make sure you spell everything correctly. Otherwise, it really puts your superiority in question. Also, if that is really you in your profile pic you appear to be about the very last person on the planet who should make a habit of pissing off others. So please tell us that you are using a picture of your brother in law whom the entire family has always wondered about.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Hey Dave, if you see some great color while out riding and a big bear happens to be in the foreground...please share with us. Color in the Ozarks really hasn't started yet...just falling leaves.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Don't let the folks with nothing better to do than complain ruin good photos for the rest of us, POST more pics Dave.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Had to work yesterday and didn't get home until 4am this morning so I haven't visited the site in a couple of days. I for one would have liked to have seen your photos and read your post. Unfortunately there seems to be an inordinate proportion of azz wipes on this site who have nothing better to do than cause problems. But I will continue to visit the site as I love motorcycles, like to hear good stories (and a few tall ones also) and even though I don't presently own one I still like the Wing and most of the people who ride them. . I hope maybe you can overlook the rude behavior of some and repost your pictures and info.

·
Banned
350 Posts
Had to work yesterday and didn't get home until 4am this morning so I haven't visited the site in a couple of days. I for one would have liked to have seen your photos and read your post. Unfortunately there seems to be an inordinate proportion of azz wipes on this site who have nothing better to do than cause problems. But I will continue to visit the site as I love motorcycles, like to hear good stories (and a few tall ones also) and even though I don't presently own one I still like the Wing and most of the people who ride them. . I hope maybe you can overlook the rude behavior of some and repost your pictures and info.
DO SOMETHING .. don't just whine

ALl I did was point out the guidelines of the forum. DO SOMETHING about me, some on big man

·
Registered
73 Posts
I hate that you deleted your thread, but I understand you doing so. You do realize though, that is exactly what Mr. P ***k wanted. People like that's sole mission in life is to ruin other people's day.

What ever happened to "If you can't say something good, say nothing at all"?
Or something like that.

Mack

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks for the link to the pics Dave. As a n00b here, I don't know who the trouble makers are.
Don't let them affect posts of yours with pics like these.

HayHauler :cool:
Jimmyt

·
lightley seasoned member
3,081 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Dave
Although I have only be a member here for a short time, I have enjoyed your posts. Please continue with your pictures and valuable information.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I messed the thread. Hope you decide to repost it, as most of us, except for maybe one WHINER would like to read it and share comments.

Don't let the PITAS of the world take over our forum.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
For the first time after being on this forum since the beginning (even the earlier versoin) I have made use of the "ignore" list. I had never done so, but sometimes it is good to miss out on a few things!!!!

·
GL1800Riders Founder
1,813 Posts
There are rules and guidelines and just because some post are not "MC" related doesn't mean they don't have a place here. I hope that OT post would get posted on the OT board but some folks just need to go for a ride instead of playing board cop.
:nojoke:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Guys, it's just occurred to me that this Cooper guy's 9 year old kid has hijacked his computer and logged onto this forum. Look at the lousy spelling and lack of proper syntax and punctuation. Not to mention the highly juvenile nature of the content. I am done with this kid. And I am almost chagrined to admit I fell for it in the first place. Nicely played, kid.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.