GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WH Daily, Steve F and I took a little excursion yesterday into the White Mountains. Perfect day to be out under brilliant blue skies. With the exception of some wide loads crawling up the Rim on 260, the roads were mostly vacant.

Turning south onto SR 261 towards Big Lake, the Aspens were mostly green just south of SR 260, until we got closer to Big Lake. The colors began to turn a little bit with some yellowing leaves teasing us.

Between Big Lake and Alpine on the Three Forks Road, the colors were beginning in earnest. Lots of yellow and lime green, which was stunning against the barren hillsides and underneath abundant blue skies. The air was clear and clean with the scent of Aspen groves strong in our receptors.

Good food at the Bear Wallow Cafe, as I thought the Alpine Grill (across the street) was permanently closed. NOT the case. I truly wanted some pie after lunch, but that patty melt was just to much...

Did some grooving back on the Three Forks Road during the return run, felt good to drop some more boot heel material onto the roadway.

Good friends. Good times. Good food. Good scenery. Cooperating weather, what else matters at that point?

- David

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Oh man....I love that road! But, here I am working...

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Oh man....I love that road! But, here I am working...
Jim, not trying to pi$$ you off but I hope you and all the other forum members that are still working continue for a long time so my SS checks keep on rolling in. Somebody has to pay for my toys, trips, and all the other fun things that I do. :grin2:

Enjoy your DV ride !

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Jim, not trying to pi$$ you off but I hope you and all the other forum members that are still working continue for a long time so my SS checks keep on rolling in. Somebody has to pay for my toys, trips, and all the other fun things that I do. :grin2:
No worries...I fully understand my role on this board. I'm here to help! :wink2:

Now, when I DO get away, I may head your way and let you buy me dinner so you can show your appreciation! >:)

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
No worries...I fully understand my role on this board. I'm here to help! :wink2:
Now that's what I call taking one for the team.!
Now, when I DO get away, I may head your way and let you buy me dinner so you can show your appreciation! >:)
Sounds like a plan. :thumbup:

Reactions: Arizona16

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
So, Three Forks Rd is paved?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts