GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three-Wheeled Motorcycle Waiver
Beginning May 1, 2009, SCDMV will accept waivers for three-wheel motorcycle license endorsements. You are eligible for a waiver only if you have held a valid driver’s license (not including a beginner’s permit or moped license) and have had experience operating a three-wheeled motorcycle on or before July 1, 2000. To apply for a waiver, you must complete form MV-85, which is available online and in all SCDMV field offices, and mail it to the address indicated on the form. If your application is approved, SCDMV will send you a new credential with the proper endorsement. There is no fee to update your driver’s license.

mv-85.pdf

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sent off for my 3 wheel waiver, just got my new license yesterday in the mail. It has the M/C and tirke endorsment on it now. So when and if the time comes I won't have to spend the money or take the tests.;)

·
Registered
501 Posts
Me too

As a matter of fact, we were warned about this almost two years ago. I went ahead and got my motorcycle endorsement, filed for my waiver and right on time, this past June 1, I got my updated license in the mail.;)

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My wife had her M/C permit and decided she no longer wanted to drive a motorcycle she filled out the waiver and now has an endorsement for a trike and side car. I told her I would trike the wing and buy another bike. She is thinking about it.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the waiver for the trike and side car endorsement a few weeeks ago as did my wife and today we recieved a new license in the mail with a letter stating to destroy my old license cause the endorsement is no longer required according to House Bill 3347 which was signed by Gov. Sanford. How much do you think all this cost the tax payers. Another waste of our trax dollars.:wrong:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts