GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a trip to WV and made a little stop by the Dragon on our way back to Florida to visit our friend Trpl-sea. The three of us got to make a early morning run while there was no traffic. The guy on the BMW tried to stay with us but dropped back. Told me at the store later, "you guys were running too fast a pace for me"! "I have never seen GoldWings rode like that before"!

Dragon run.jpg

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Cool pic. Always nice when wing riders get the opportunity to "educate." :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Dragon

It's always nice to see a group of Wings riding together. The Dragon is always a nice ride. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Must be the angle, but the 3rd Wing's turn signal running lights appear not to be working. Nice pic though!

·
Registered
924 Posts
great pic.....gotta do that on my way home this summer from florida...just to say I did it..jer

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
WoW! perfect picture there.............my hat off to not only The riders, but to the person taken the photo also :bow:

Ronnie

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Unless I knew the other riders REAL well, I would not be that close. Or at least would need to be in the lead.

Nice group, and nice pic.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Nice picture. Looks like an enjoyable ride, but I'd be more comfortable with a bit more space between the bikes.

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
Here was our group from last year...

423300.jpg

Not quite nose to nose.....but lots of fun.

First bike is MrClean, 2nd is me, 3rd is GlFlyer

PS...we do nose to nose when we're battling on the track but don't see a need to do it on a public road. Best to give the guys around you a little room. You can go just as fast 30 feet back.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts

View attachment 54169

PS...we do nose to nose when we're battling on the track but don't see a need to do it on a public road. Best to give the guys around you a little room. You can go just as fast 30 feet back.
Thats a better photo very nice :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Thats a better photo very nice :thumbup:
I like it too... so I thought I'd make it bigger. ;)

We had a great time on that trip... we never miss an opportunity to hit up the Dragon every year. :)

Here's what 2WheelNut was talking about on the track... Me and him having some fun! :)

GLFlyer & 2WheelNut:

track.jpg

·
Registered
3,686 Posts

View attachment 54169

Real cool photo and love the spacing. Not a lot of things more fun to do than ride like that with friends.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Unless I knew the other riders REAL well, I would not be that close. Or at least would need to be in the lead.

The three of us have ridden 1000's of miles together so we each know and are comfortable with the others riding abilities. The way we are riding here is no different than the way a lot of the locals ride together. Stop one day and watch some of the locals there like the "Moodys". They have ridden together so much that they look like they are towing the other bike. If they know you they might even pull up next to you and reach out and touch you. I have done that before to my buddies.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts