GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May I ask would some1 be able to shed some light I was thinking of a future project to learn were to adjust the throttle from the main sorce I know how to adjust it on the handle bar.???

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
17,822 Posts
If the lower adjustment has never been changed (still set at factory adjustment), and you are running out of upper adjustment, that is a strong indication that you have other problems.

·
Vendor
17,822 Posts
It's not alot I just was curious may I ask like what??

You mean what other problems ???
- cables stretching
- cables wearing into their outer housings
- worn or incorrect throttle grip
- cables incorrectly routed

How many miles on your Wing ???

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes what I am trying to figure out its just how to replace the cable myself

·
Vendor
17,822 Posts
Yes what I am trying to figure out its just how to replace the cable myself

Are you nearly out of adjustment near the throttle ???
Do you have a non-OEM steering head, or risers ???
Does your throttle snap back at full left, full right, and in the center position of the bars ???

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Next time you change the air filter, you can remove the air box and reveal the top of the throttle body. On the left side of the throttle body you will find the cable connections. There are (IIRC) three cables there. Two are for the throttle, one for the cruise...

You will need a manual if you intend to DIY...

:thumbup:

Reactions: phillipgym

·
Registered
930 Posts
Every throttle cable on every motorcycle I own seems to have the same glitch, and while I've never really studied what is wrong with any of them, I find that if I regularly go WOT and back again whilst traversing on agreeable roadways seems to help whatever it is that is wrong with them...or at least it takes my mind off the problem temporarily. Just knowing that the throttle plates will open all the way seems to make me feel better somehow. CAUTION: If you try this method of checking your throttle cables, tire wear may suffer. I know it does on my bikes, as I can't seem to get more than 2000 miles out of any rear MC tire. I do have somewhat better luck with the car tires on the Honda and can get nearly 15,000 on them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts