GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any know what or which one fits over Grip Puppies?

I see the Cramp Buster and the Throttle Boss but don't know if they fit over the puppies.

Any other ones out there that will work also??

Thanks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Throttle Rocker is the brand name of the one I use. It has a adjustable Velcro strap that fits any size grip. Look under grips at Wingstuff or HDL .

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use the cruise control constantly. Just a thought
I'm with you on that, I usually do as well but this last trip got me. I couldn't figure out why anyone would want a throttle lever ( over cruise control) until I rode some very nice roads in New York, New Hampshire and Vermont. I generally avoid interstates at all costs and love to ride back roads.

Being in the saddle for hours on end on twistie roads in the Vermont mountains got my hand cramped and sore as I was on and off the throttle for a long time........so it would be nice in the flat/straight parts to be able to lean on the lever rather than have to hold the grip and flex my fingers.......just gives me another alternative method of relaxation while riding.

I'm wondering if ALL of them fit over grip puppies, some better than others, some I should avoid or are they pretty much all the same.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
The biggest difference between the Throttle Rocker II and the Cramp Buster is the Cramp Buster is a single piece of plastic that wraps tightly around your handlbar grip while the Throttle Rocker uses a velcro strap to wrap the plastic throttle boss in place. The Throttle Rocker is a universal “one size fits all” design while the Cramp Buster comes in two sizes.

I've used both styles and they both fit over my Grip Puppies fine. You can't easily adjust the Velcro style while riding like you can the plastic rocker -- although in my experience, you have to keep close watch that either style doesn' slip on your grip and fall off. Seems as though either the vibration or the constant use moves the grabbing part laterally until it eventually slips over the edge of the foam and loosens it's hold on the handlebar grip. I lost two that way until I learned to be more observant.

And just wait until you need to brake fast, and your palm accidently pushes the rocker down. Very exciting.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Throttle Rocker is the brand name of the one I use. It has a adjustable Velcro strap that fits any size grip. Look under grips at Wingstuff or HDL .
I have used a Throttle Rocker for years. Best 10 clams I ever spent.

I have done 12 hour days and seldom used the Cruise.

·
Registered
19,054 Posts

This is what I use also and I have this over the Grip Puppies. Buy from Shinnhopples

·
Registered
954 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts