GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At Wing Ding, Tennessee law will not allow just to give the Wing away, has to be competition. Anyone know of the final (3) that threw darts? A little different I would have to say. As I understand, NOBODY knew this up front when they purchased the tickets.

·
Banned
7,604 Posts
Maybe someone could post a link to that law:shrug:

This is as close as I could get:

It seems that Tennessee passed a law about 50 years ago that prohibited anyone from giving away free dairy products.
At the time that the law was written, the state was attempting to protect mom-and-pop ice cream stores from competition with national chains of ice cream stores, said Andy Spears, press secretary for Democrats in the Tennessee Senate. The law also included additional protections for the state's dairy industry.
Dairy Queen operators in Tennessee lobbied state Sen. Roy Herron and state Rep. Steve McDaniel to change the law. The law was amended last year, allowing ice cream vendors to give away ice cream. Spears said the amendment covers only ice cream. The law still prohibits the distribution of other free dairy products.

·
Registered
501 Posts
At Wing Ding, Tennessee law will not allow just to give the Wing away, has to be competition. Anyone know of the final (3) that threw darts? A little different I would have to say. As I understand, NOBODY knew this up front when they purchased the tickets.
Yes the rules were published in Wing World. I can't say I like it but the players knew it going in. I personally thought if you registered to Wing Ding, you should be entered for the Grand Prize drawing. He who has the most money wins with this game!!!!Sorta like 'stuffiing the ballot box' !!
Mike

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Well last year everyone griped because the volunteers or upper ranking members were allowed to participate. That was done with a draw type system.

So throwing darts..........sounds ok to me. Buy a dart and give it a toss. Never know.

I buy a lottery ticket occasionally. Most of the time I never even get one number. :tongue:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts