GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We rode about 300 miles today . The ride was absolutely awesome for Bluebonnet viewing . The fields were spectacular with multi color wild flowers and it seemed that every mile was more beautiful than the last mile. Every turn delighted the seances of sight and smell . The aroma of the Bluebonnets would just overtake you as you passed by. The best we have seen in a number of years . We also ran across a pasture filled with Bluebonnets cows and Zebras .
zebra 3.jpg
zebra 2.jpg

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Roger, I was out yesterday and ran up through the forest. Very pleasant riding. But, it seemed busier than usual for a weekday afternoon. Not just bikes, but cars as well. I assume other folks are getting out for drives and pick the more scenic routes. Did a 200 mile loop, west towards College Station, then east around Huntsville. I didn't see that many Bluebonnets, though. Where are you hiding them?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Joe , looks like rain for the next 3 or 4 days might keep you from riding but when it's over here are some great roads that are close and just full of Bluebonnets . Take 1488 to Fieldstore community then take a right on 362 and follow that all the way to White Hall community . there you can take a left all the way to hwy 6 or go straight to hwy 105. Fantastic full fields of Bluebonnets on both roads and they are just beautiful. Another great road is to take 1488 all the way to Brenham then take a left on 36 and follow that to to the road to Kenny Store . Once you take a right there you will go under the railroad tracks and keep to the right . That road is just unbelievable . Make your way to the community of Industry and on to Fayetville . All the roads in that area are just beautiful. Don't wait to long to ride because the flowers are starting to fade and many are now past there peak, but they are still fantastic and bright.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Roger, sounds like we run very similar roads. It does sound like weather will keep us in, but hopefully afterwards the flowers will blossom again. Where was the Zebra? I think you must mean 362 that runs up to White Hall, you had all the right digits, just in no particular order, LOL. It's fun to learn about these little things to go and see. I have always like FM 1291 from Frelsburg to Fayetteville, lots of sweepers. And you probably also know about the Zimmerscheidt road that runs south of Frielsburg towards Cat Springs.

You mentioned 36 to Kenny Store. I usually cut off of 105 at William Penn and connect to Scenic 390 then follow that all the way around to Burton. There are couple restaurants I have been wanting to try there, hopefully they will open after this mess is done. Then as you mentioned, down to Industry, then over to Fayetteville for lunch at either Orsak's or Joe's.

There's is that guy on FM 2988 between White Hall and Highway 6 that has a whole bunch of animal statues in front of his property. I think the first one going west from White Hall is a Giraffe. I thought I had a picture of those, but I don't. Then there's the guy up in SHNF, on a tiny little road called Hoke rd, that seems to always have some sort of exotic animals. A few weeks ago he had a heard of elk.

And a scene that should have been in the movie "Two Mules for Sister Sarah"? lol There were two donkey's in front of all those cows. I wasn't too afraid of the cows, but the donkey's can get a little obnoxious. Just north of Shiro.

Of course these roads are really not meant for Goldwings! Some of those mud holes were axle deep. I was glad they were no deeper. They were so muddy, I could not see the bottom.

Anyway, when I go out at this time of the year, I am always looking for flowers. These that were on 3090 a couple weeks ago, are the best I have seen so far this year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts