·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Link broken?

:thumbup:

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
NOT working for me either. AND I really wanted to read this article.. Wonder on what basis a citation was issued for a DOT approved for road use tire.

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
:agree: would have been interesting. Did an internet search - nada.

Edit: Read the working (now) link - a posting by a Richard Cranium law interpreting I-know-what's-best-for-you person (can't say Law Enforcement because he went out of his way on this one). The guy evidently has an axe to grind. However he couches it in the "looking out for your safety" verbage.

Poor rider didn't have or couldn't afford a decent attorney.

Yes, as Kit would say - there are ones out there that are revenue collectors - the types that have been despised since biblical times.

Unfortunately these types make it hard for the good honest ones to do their job without a negative stereotype being established in any dealings they have with the public.

As a side-note - all we have to work on is one poster's comment concerning the citation and the outcome - nothing more.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
It's a motorcycle cop in Ontario who has a hard on for car tires, he said they are not safe. He uses some vague law to issue a ticket. He is the one with the power in Ontario so...

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
Well the only good thing I can tell you I researched everything I could find here in the states before I jumped. I could find NOTHING in writing in the local state traffic code or the federal COMARS.

So I can not PROMISE but I believe we are good to go here

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Well the only good thing I can tell you I researched everything I could find here in the states before I jumped. I could find NOTHING in writing in the local state traffic code or the federal COMARS.

So I can not PROMISE but I believe we are good to go here
If I read it correctly, there is nothing specific in Ontario either. It was this cops interpretation of a statute and a judge upheld it.

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
If I read it correctly, there is nothing specific in Ontario either. It was this cops interpretation of a statute and a judge upheld it.
took a while but the only specific I could find,, It specifically bans construction type mixes.. so no radial and bias ply mixes on a motorcycle.. and a motor TRIKE must only use a tire manufactured spefically for motor TRIKE use

·
Registered
8,095 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
UH-OH... hope this cop doesn't spread the word!

last thing I need is to have to go back to a MC tire! just don't slow down in Barrie

SCOTT

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
That cartoon is awesome! :joke:

David

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
The guy is a lot safer on the car tire than on a mc tire. I just hate the ignorant people, in this particular instance a Leo, that THINK they know what they are talking about, but actually don't know jack____!

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Looks to me according to this (see section 70.(1)(a)(f)(g)(h); section 70.(2); section 70(3)) the Lieutenant Governor in council gets to make or change whatever rules he likes without any recourse or notification.

Dang. Looks like my trips to Canada are over.

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,944 Posts
Looks to me according to this (see section 70.(1)(a)(f)(g)(h); section 70.(2); section 70(3)) the Lieutenant Governor in council gets to make or change whatever rules he likes without any recourse or notification.

That is my thoughts also! I was planning on a couple trips around the lakes. I guess that is off! Oh well I'm sure I can find enough roads here in the states to keep me busy.:cool:

·
Registered
831 Posts
No plan to to to Canada

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I am not planning a trip to Canada, they have laws against having a firearm; riding a bike with out a gun just don't seen right to me....*smile*

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Right :roll:

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
took a while but the only specific I could find,, It specifically bans construction type mixes.. so no radial and bias ply mixes on a motorcycle.. and a motor TRIKE must only use a tire manufactured spefically for motor TRIKE use

Yeah - good luck on finding that or a trike company that lists a specific tire to use. :shrug:

Guess Wheels is going to have to start riding a big wheel - oh wait - guess he won't be able to use that either :twisted: :tongue:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Don't let one dickhead cop stop you from coming.I ride with a few(I'm a civilian member of a large police force in Ontario-approx 8000 members) and some of their bikes aren't exactly legal.It's kind of funny actually.When they're off duty some like to ride a piped Harley and dress up like pirates just like the guys that they spend so much time chasing down.That guy that got charged just ran into the wrong one IMHO.There's always a few young ones that think they are going to save the world.

I always wondered what credentials a cop has that out trumps my mechanics license when it comes to whether or not my vehicle is safe or not.Granted some of them are licensed,but I'd bet few and far between and I doubt any are engineers.

·
Registered
928 Posts
:agree: I ridden with a car tire in many of the provinces of Canada. This guy was in the wrong town at the wrong time. To paint a whole country wrong because of one idiot is just a bit off the beam in my opinion. Having said that you or anyone in this country can do pretty much what you want, so........ JMO.

Ride safely

Crabby Bob

1 - 20 of 37 Posts